Please Help With Needle

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 22, 2014
Okay, i stretch ALL of the time, but i can not seem to keep my needle. When i do it i can not hold it for more than 3 to 4 seconds because it hurts really bad. It is barely a needle, and i just need help.

All I can tell you is keep on stretching, there's no other way to get it. Make sure you are not just stretching your back and splits, but shoulders to! Some people forget about stretching their shoulders so it's hard for them to grab their leg even though they have overextended splits and an extremely flexible back.. try elbow bridges and rock back and forth if your shoulders are the problem.

Don't take this the wrong way but...you're a flyer?

Poster is a verified Cheer Dad and has the hat to prove it

Okay, i stretch ALL of the time, but i can not seem to keep my needle. When i do it i can not hold it for more than 3 to 4 seconds because it hurts really bad. It is barely a needle, and i just need help.
Sometimes you'll hit a stretching plateau for a month or so and feel like you're not getting any more flexible, but continue to stretch every day, and if the stretch doesn't hurt anymore, push yourself further. You have to keep pushing your limits with back flexibility especially in order to get where you want to be :) (it took me a while to get a consistent needle too)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

One tip I have would be to take pictures of your stretches atleast once a week. I stretch a lot but am naturally not very flexible and so a lot of the time I feel like I'm not making progress. That's when I look back at pictures from a few months ago and see all the progress I've made! It's very inspirational and will motivate you to keep stretching!

Sometimes you'll hit a stretching plateau for a month or so and feel like you're not getting any more flexible, but continue to stretch every day, and if the stretch doesn't hurt anymore, push yourself further. You have to keep pushing your limits with back flexibility especially in order to get where you want to be :) (it took me a while to get a consistent needle too)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Thank you:)
I really need to push myself a little harder.

One tip I have would be to take pictures of your stretches atleast once a week. I stretch a lot but am naturally not very flexible and so a lot of the time I feel like I'm not making progress. That's when I look back at pictures from a few months ago and see all the progress I've made! It's very inspirational and will motivate you to keep stretching!
I will definitely do that :)

Back