OT Please Help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jan 4, 2011
hey!
so this is really random but i got spacers put into my mouth for braces and they are hurting really bad! I was wondering if any of you guys have had them and if you had any suggestions on how to ease the pain.
thank you

Basic pain meds, ice packs on the side of your face, if it's super bad you can try babies' teething gel. There are also antiseptic mouthwashes with mild anaesthetic you can get from the drug store which are used for "minor oral surgery" (it makes your tongue feel super weird though).

Basic pain meds, ice packs on the side of your face, if it's super bad you can try babies' teething gel. There are also antiseptic mouthwashes with mild anaesthetic you can get from the drug store which are used for "minor oral surgery" (it makes your tongue feel super weird though).
thanks i will try it!

Awwww, honey :( Advil, advil, advil, and only eat squishy food for the next 3 days or so - Mac & cheese, pudding, applesauce...Beauty's a real pain sometimes, huh? Good luck!

double up on pain meds. ibeprofen, acidemenaopin, asprin (spelling)... as many as you can handle at one time. but you have to keep track of when you took them. dont worry. they dont hurt for long :)

OMG I totally feel your pain I had them in January of this year and to tell you the truth they hurt more than the braces... so you can take Advil or Tylenol and only eat soft food like smoothies or ice cream and try to get some rest if your in alot of pain and sometimes you can swish warm water and salt in your mouth and it wont hurt as much and you will get used to them in 3 or 4 days and you might even forget that they are in your mouth!!! Good Luck :)

Don't forget to look really sad and maybe drool a bit. Having your family and friends feeling sorry for you and showering you with love and attention (and presents!) makes it feel a lot better ;)

I had them and I had braces for four years :deadhorse:(the horse is my orthodontist)
The pain goes away soon ! take advil and eat a lot of soft foods. Its a good excuse to have milkshakes!!

Ramen noodles are life for the first days of braces and spacers. Good luck!

I hate my braces so much! But, they'll be worth it when they're off :)

Back