All-Star Please Read And Pass Along

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 15, 2009
I know that there is a thread on this topic, but I wanted to make sure that this article got noticed so I felt it needed a thread of its own, hopefully we can even get it pinned to the top. As we all know the USASF just a month ago released the etiquette guidelines which mentioned that males should refrain from "exaggerated or theatrical movements." This has since been removed from their website, but it doesn't take away that this is what they want.

This is a topic that doesn't need to be looked at and tossed to the side because it isn't important. With so many deaths of kids these days who feel they can't be themselves, words like what the USASF released are cruel and unnecessary.
Does it surprise me that they feel this way? Of course not. Look at UCA College Nationals, no male dancing there. Take a look at NCA College nationals, males are not scored during the dance. Over half of the members of the board are also tied to Varsity who happens to put on both of these competitions where males are either not to dance or not scored so of course these new "etiquette' guidelines are not a surprise. Even if it isn't a surprise it doesn't make it right.

Everyone please read this article, sign the petition, and spread the word to others so that things like this don't hurt the athletes who put their heart and soul into this sport. You don't have to be a coach, parent, or athlete to show your support, any and everyone can voice their opinion and let the USASF know what they did/said was wrong.

Competitive cheerleading: The controversial new rule that instructs males to be less “theatrical.” - Slate Magazine

I also want to say thank you to UltimateRudags for everything he is doing to help get the word out about this.
*If the admins want to merge this with the other thread I understand, I just figured this article is important and needs to stand out on its own.

If people find anymore articles about it we should post them here and hopefully it can get pinned to the top so these articles are easy to find.

Thanks for the support. Im still upset nothing has been said from the USASF.

Stupid me... should've known better than to read the comments :mad:

Great Job UltimateRudags! Looking forward to more media coverage regarding the issue/and or a response from the USASF (though I won't hold my breath on the latter)

"my initial reaction to your comment is that most floor gymnastics are performed with benefit of thickly-padded floor mats. cheerleading usually takes place on a surface similar to a basketball court, or the ground outside."
This was my favorite comment. I dont know why I get so surprised by the lack of knowledge people have about all star cheerleading. Most of the comments think the article is talking about guys in college...:banghead:

I just read this on Facebook....let me tell you how many face-palms I did reading the comments. People are incredibly stupid and shouldn't be allowed to breathe.....
Half the commentators thought all star was the same as high school cheer, and the other half screamed it wasn't a sport. My favorite was the one that said "well if this is a sport why don't we have competitive modern dance or ballet"...umm yeah it's called Dance moms...look it up....

I just read this on Facebook....let me tell you how many face-palms I did reading the comments. People are incredibly stupid and shouldn't be allowed to breathe.....
Half the commentators thought all star was the same as high school cheer, and the other half screamed it wasn't a sport. My favorite was the one that said "well if this is a sport why don't we have competitive modern dance or ballet"...umm yeah it's called Dance moms...look it up....
Exactly like the comment well gymnast compete on a padded floor and cheerleaders compete on a hardwood floor :cow:

Oh sweet baby jeeeeesus the slideshow :eek::eek::eek:... :cow:

Back