Pom Sizes?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 20, 2012
I was looking into pom sizes and was asking around and had a few different responces. I sthere a safety or "its more practical" reason to choosing pom sizes or is it just how it looks? I was between sizes 4"and 6"... I was told 4" is mosre modern use now, does anyone know if this is a size and convinece reason or just a style and preference?

Thanks again,

Respectfully,

Memory

I was looking into pom sizes and was asking around and had a few different responces. I sthere a safety or "its more practical" reason to choosing pom sizes or is it just how it looks? I was between sizes 4"and 6"... I was told 4" is mosre modern use now, does anyone know if this is a size and convinece reason or just a style and preference?

Thanks again,

Respectfully,

Memory

Oh wow. Ok, thank you that is really helpful and good to know.

Resepctfully,

Memory

Thank you everyone, It's actually really helpful. Seems like a size 4 is possible the best size :)
I appreaciate everyones imput, Thanks again! :)

Respectfully,

Memory

I also use 4inch. Its personal preference. I feel the larger poms make motions look sloppy. I did notice that a lot of teams at UCA nationals had 6inch poms though. You can always ask to see a sample of each to help decide!

I like 4 inch poms if the poms are flashy, like 3 color poms or metallic. If I am using the poms to lead a crowd, like one red one and one white one for cheers where I want the crowd to yell red and white, then I prefer the 6 inch poms.

Thank you everyone for your feedback, it's all really helpful! I think the 4" seems to be the best all around. Seems like its both preference and practicle which is defaintely what I am looking for.

I like the way the larger ones look (sorry can't remember actual size) and for doing cheers but if I have to do standing tucks with poms then I prefer the smaller ones!

We use the larger ones, i feel like the motions are better with smaller ones, but I do think that pom dances look very cute with big flashy poms

Back