OT Poolside Reads

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
My favorite summer reads recently have been Bossypants by Tina Fey and Yes Please by Amy Poehler. Light and funny and short chapters. Now I'm reading Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me by Mindy Kaling, which is the same idea.

I'm reading a book about Ted Bundy as my poolside read, but I feel like that's not up your alley.

Last year I read Harry Potter poolside. It was nice.

My latest vacation read's has been: Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert, The Sell by Fredrik Eklund and Yes Please by Amy Poehler. Loved them all.

If u like Nora Roberts. Whiskey beach is good

Danielle Steele is always an easy read. New ones. Pegasus. Or One day at a time

My favorite summer reads recently have been Bossypants by Tina Fey and Yes Please by Amy Poehler. Light and funny and short chapters. Now I'm reading Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me by Mindy Kaling, which is the same idea.
I second Bossypants!

I'm reading Ghost Wars which is about the CIA's involvement in Afghanistan and the events leading up to 9/11. It's pretty fascinating. I read Bossypants by Tina Fey and Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me by Mindy Kaling and they were hilarious!! I love them both haha. Next on my list is "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" and then I think I might read Madam Bovary after that. I leave to study abroad soon so I need some book suggestions for plane/train rides.

You'd probably like I Can Barely Take Care of Myself: Tales from a Happy Life Without Kids by Jen Kirkman. She's on Chelsea Lately and it's a similar stand up comedian bio book.

You'd probably like I Can Barely Take Care of Myself: Tales from a Happy Life Without Kids by Jen Kirkman. She's on Chelsea Lately and it's a similar stand up comedian bio book.
Perfect! Thanks!

ALL of the Clique novels.
Cirque du Freak
A Thousand Splendid Suns (actually, this is more of a "curled-up-with-a-snack" type book)

The Clique novels/Cirque du Freak were super popular when I was in 5th-6th-7th grade. I used to love those!

And A Thousand Splendid Suns was one of the only books that we had to read in high school that I really liked. It was a great book. That book, Tuesday's with Morrie, and The Great Gatsby were my favorites!

If anybody hasn't read Tuesday's with Morrie I highly suggest reading it and watching the movie. I'm not an emotional person but it definitely made me tear up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just finished The Royal We (or The Royal Us, I forget), I really enjoyed that. If you enjoy young adult, I like The Paper Magician and the sequal the Glass Magician (there's a 3rd one coming out at some point too).

Also, if anyone used to read The Princess Diaries, she has an adult book coming out next week about their wedding.

Back