Pop Warner Level One

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 24, 2011
I had a few questions about different things for level one of pop warner after reading the rule book.
1.) is an braced on one side prep to prep tick tock allowed in like a pyramid?
2.) is an assisted handstand forward roll allowed? ( where the flyer kicks up to handstand then base guides down, almost like a spotted handstand forward roll)
3.) are back extension rolls allowed ? and if so are assisted back extension rolls allowed?
4.) are single leg tick tocks at the belly or knee level allowed?
any help is greatly appreciated thank you!

I've coached level 1 for some time now so here are some answers.
1. Yes you can have a prep bracing or even a single person holding on the to flyers hand (This person has to be a sperate person though)
2. ...See bottom
3.Yes back extension rolls are allowed:) ....See bottom
4. And yes, you can do tick tocks or express up at knee or belly level without a brace. (With this you also don't need a back spot or another base. they can do tick tocks in a one man at knee or belly. This is great as it can get boost the difficultly points)

In the USASF rules it does not say anything to spoting tumbling in a routine. so I am sorry i could no answer those questions.
Hope I helped:)

I had a few questions about different things for level one of pop warner after reading the rule book.
1.) is an braced on one side prep to prep tick tock allowed in like a pyramid?
2.) is an assisted handstand forward roll allowed? ( where the flyer kicks up to handstand then base guides down, almost like a spotted handstand forward roll)
3.) are back extension rolls allowed ? and if so are assisted back extension rolls allowed?
4.) are single leg tick tocks at the belly or knee level allowed?
any help is greatly appreciated thank you!

Assisted handstand forward roll and back extension roll are both allowed on USASF level 1 rules. Most level 1 teams use assisted tumbling to cover the "ground level inversion" skill on stunt scoresheets.

Latest posts

Back