All-Star Positive Media Story About All Star In Dallas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I absolutely love this. it was so well done, and such a positive piece! But, like Megan(: and kristenthegreat said, the "Plano Panthers" drove me insane--they should know the name of the team they're reporting on...

I absolutely love this. it was so well done, and such a positive piece! But, like Megan:) and kristenthegreat said, the "Plano Panthers" drove me insane--they should know the name of the team they're reporting on...
Hmm I think they said that because it's the local news reporting & the majority of its viewers can relate better if the area is specified?
The name may seem insignificant to us, but "Plano Panthers" might be easier for the common reader to grasp.
...or they just got it wrong haha

Hmm I think maybe said that because the gym is located in Plano & since it's the local news reporting, the majority of its viewers can relate better if the area is specified?

Saying cheer athletics panthers, out of Plano, would have done the same thing. As it stands, it's incorrect reporting. And I think BlueCat said there really is a team/mascot (high school maybe) called Plano panthers.

Saying cheer athletics panthers, out of Plano, would have done the same thing. As it stands, it's incorrect reporting. And I think BlueCat said there really is a team/mascot (high school maybe) called Plano panthers.
Oh I know! I don't agree that it's correct haha
I just think they did that because it's easier to relate to. I'm sure they know it should be Cheer Athletics but they probably don't really care since technically they are called the "Panthers" & they're from "Plano."

Oh I know! I don't agree that it's correct haha
I just think they did that because it's easier to relate to. I'm sure they know it should be Cheer Athletics but they probably don't really care since technically they are called the "Panthers" & they're from "Plano."

Haha I'm sure they don't care either...it's just the journalism major coming out and cringing when things are portrayed incorrectly.

So awesome. I just get annoyed every time they say 'Plano Panthers.' :p
Not as annoyed as we do. However, they can call us just about anything they want if they are portraying the sport in a positive way. I do wish they had mentioned some of the other great teams in the Dallas area. Reporting like this can potentially help all of the gyms.

I don't think there is a person who has more respect from me than Cheer Athletics coaches have.

Back