Potential Fierce Board App Retirement

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
Hello FB App Users. TapATalk (the makers of our app) are not adding the same features and support to my customized app as they are their own core app, TapATalk. We have been having bugs for quite a while and I don't think it is worth it to keep having a custom app when the TapATalk app itself (which is now free) can give users everything they need.

So I am going to test over the next month and see if user experience is better. Please provide feedback here!

I've been testing it since this morning and I quite like it. It's clearly a whole new version of software and it's pretty slick.

You can customize which push notifications you like. I believe with the fierceboard app, you get whatever notifications you get on the board - and while I like getting the notification when I'm on the board, I don't really want or need a push notification for it. But I do want quotes/tags/etc.

You have to go into the board within the app, but your notifications show up when you first enter the app, so everything isn't as buried as it used to be on an older version of the tapatalk app.

Plus it's optimized for iPad as well, which I'm looking into checking out tonight when I get home from work.

I only use the tapATalk app and I LOVE it. This may be a dumb but I just want to point out one of the bugs that the parents are experiencing in that one section also happens on TapATAlk, so I don't think that's a problem only associated with the fierceboard app.

Can we back the train up a second and go reeeealll slow for me... I don't know what tapakeidljnfa;talk is. Is it a whole different app that needs to be downloaded and then find FB through that?
TapATalk is a separate app. they actually have many different forums in one.

Anyways you download it and search for fierceboard.
It will have you log in once and then it will always be there in the future when you click on it!
Also it is very user friendly and the best part about it is I can upload As many pics as I want because it is so easy to do it in the app it's like posting a pic to facebook directly from your phone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we back the train up a second and go reeeealll slow for me... I don't know what tapakeidljnfa;talk is. Is it a whole different app that needs to be downloaded and then find FB through that?

Yes. Right now the Fierceboard app is just a skin on an old version of tapatalk. King pays them for that right, rather than just using the board through their app. They're more likely to release bug fixes and new updates to their own app rather than their skinned versions.

It's still basically the same software in either case.

Everyone get the notification?

No notification and glad you brought this up. Every time I get an alert it shows up as if I have 88 or 100 lol I'm like woah that's a lot of shimmies. Until I realized it would only be one notification. I downloaded tapatalk since its free now.

I only use the tapATalk app and I LOVE it. This may be a dumb but I just want to point out one of the bugs that the parents are experiencing in that one section also happens on TapATAlk, so I don't think that's a problem only associated with the fierceboard app.

I downloaded the Tapatalk app this morning. I am not getting an error message when I read those current threads in the parent section. I will test again when someone posts something new there.

I downloaded the Tapatalk app this morning. I am not getting an error message when I read those current threads in the parent section. I will test again when someone posts something new there.
Well as of yesterday it was still there so I didn't realize it was fixed I went out and went back in ...and I can read it! Yay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so bummed, downloaded tapAtalk and still couldn't load post pictures, it said I didn't have permission to do that! I don't want to have to go through a third app (photobucket) to post pics, it would be awesome if I could do it directly from my phone :( not sure what I'm doing wrong

Back