Practicing Flying At Home

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What is a way that I can practice loading in at home. That is the problem I have most in stunts.

You can get a stunting block or stunting stand . Or u could be like most beginning flyers ..... Get a chair & pretend to load in :) & it may be ur bases ? They may not be low enough for u to really get in & be able to push off ?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

You could use the stairs. Put one foot on the first or second step (depending on your height) then push up to a lib. My daughter does repetitions of this for conditioning, to strengthen her leg muscles.

Another thing to practice is hang drills.. A lot of loading is being able to hold your own weight with your arms and not your feet. The soup can is a good idea for when you need to practice balance in a prep, or practicing libs. Use two dining room chairs, that do not roll, and face the backs inward, have them the same distance apart that your bases are, and practice hang drills, make sure ok can keeps your butt up and hold that.

It depends on what you need to work on. I would DEFINITELY recommend the soup can. Make sure you're carrying your own weight and practice locking out your knees as soon as you possibly can so that your bases can get you up! If it's just the counts you're having problems with just mark it over and over again, counting OUT LOUD until loading in is second nature:)

Hang drills with couches or chairs! Focus on holding your weight, keeping your butt up and staying tight...once you have perfected your form you can work on other skills like balance in your stunts

I picked up a couple trainers for my daughter via Amazon. One is a large disc thing similar to a pogo ball for those parents old enough to remember those. The other aid is a set of two she can space apart like the bases hands to practice shifting from one leg to another while pulling stunts.

I'll be back with a link. <-- can't get the link off my phone but they are called j/fit balance pods

Sent from my HTCONE using Fierce Board mobile app

I picked up a couple trainers for my daughter via Amazon. One is a large disc thing similar to a pogo ball for those parents old enough to remember those. The other aid is a set of two she can space apart like the bases hands to practice shifting from one leg to another while pulling stunts.

I'll be back with a link. <-- can't get the link off my phone but they are called j/fit balance pods

I also ordered this from Amazon...I'm not sure how much it has helped in stunting but certainly helps balance.

Thank you

what helped me a lot with my loading in was doing lots and lots of push ups and tricep dips that way so I can get some more upper body strenghth to help push off of my bases

Back