Prayers For Lsu Coach Chico Garcia

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cupieqt

Person everyone wants to meet this season
Jan 24, 2011
Chico, a coach for the LSU cheerleaders was in a boating accident yesterday and is paralyzed from the neck down. He was airlifted to Our Lady of the Lake in Baton Rouge. I'll post more info as I get it.

Chico makes awesome inspirational videos that you can find on YouTube. He's a very sweet guy and a great cheerleader and coach. I'm praying for a speedy recovery for him!

I work for the Lake and I will be praying for him and LSU entire athletic department because we need it.

Wow..Prayers for Chico and his family.

Such sad news... The heart and hopes of the Cheer World go out to Chico! We will be praying for him! I'm sharing this information on our Cheer for a Cause facebook page and twitter, asking for prayers and support.

Find more info about Cheer for a Cause at http://www.cheerforacause.org

@CoachJulie thank you so much for adding this to Cheer for a Cause. This is definitely a great cause! We are all cheeringforchico here!
A couple from Dallas just donated $4,000 towards his medical expenses!!!

tumblr_lr61u1Ksi81r076ei.jpg

Shaq came to the hospital to Cheer on Chico today! We have posted a picture below so that everyone can see Chico’s smile! It was such an unexpected visit from Shaq, and as you can see, and it truly cheered him up!! Chico has some fluid in his lungs, and will be undergoing a bronchial procedure today to assist with his breathing. Chico will not be having visitors yet — we will let you know as soon as that changes. He will be needing all the rest he can get, and as always we will keep you posted.
Update: Sept. 6, 2011 9pm
****** VISITING HOURS SUSPENDED ******
Chico’s injury is directly related to breathing difficulty, as the nerves that control the diaphragm arise from C3, 4 & 5. Because he was in such good physical shape prior to the accident, Chico has been able to use other accessory muscles to assist with breathing. However, as time as passed, his breathing had become more and more labored, and in order to stabilize his oxygen levels, doctors determined it was necessary to perform a tracheostomy procedure. As I have told some, if Chico was a 40-50 year old man with this type of injury, this procedure would have most likely been done immediately.
Over the next 48-72 hours, they will gradually allow Chico to wake up and try to wean him off the ventilator, in an attempt to allow him to breath on his own through the trach. Also, a special valve will eventually be inserted in the trach in a few days or so, allowing him to talk, however this takes some getting used to and it may be a few days before he can say more than a word or two at a time.
Once his breathing is stabIlized, and special precautions have been taken to prevent skin breakdown, pneumonia, blood clots, etc., Chico’s condition will then be considered stable and he will be ready to begin the rehab process.
As myself and others have previously stated, this will be a LONG process. Unlike other injuries to the human body, spinal cord injuries can take YEARS to fully recover! It can take up to a year, just for the swelling from the initial trauma to go down. So, my point is this, don’t expect there to be any significant change in Chico’s condition to come over night, in the next week, month, or months to come.
With that being said, in an attempt to divert any questions about this matter to Chico’s parents, since there’s an overwhelming amount of things going on, I will be posting all future updates on a weekly basis, unless something new and significant arises.
If you have any questions about Chico’s condition, injury, or treatment, please feel free to contact me at [email protected], Attn: Jason, and I will gladly try to get back to you with an answer or update.
Continue praying for our dear friend Chico, spreading the word about how people can help, at CHEERING FOR CHICO.com!!!
Jason Paul Amadeo, MPAS, PA-C

Chico has been in Atlanta for over a week now. He is getting stronger and was finally allowed to go to the Therapy room instead of having to get an OT to come to his room. Not much has changed with feeling or movement in his body, but Drs are still hopeful.

The man who was driving the boat was arrested today after the toxicology reports came back that he was over the legal alcohol limit. Bittersweet as the guy was a friend of Chico's and the father of a girl that Chico private coached.

If you are in the Atlanta, and can swing by to show your love. Chico is a great guy and loves people. I'm sure he'd love some visitors.

Keep praying and believing. If you'd like A Cheering for Chico shirt or Wrist bands, we have tons! $20 for Tees and $5 for bands.

Keep cheering for Chico!

Cheer_Explosion_Coach said:
Chico has been in Atlanta for over a week now. He is getting stronger and was finally allowed to go to the Therapy room instead of having to get an OT to come to his room. Not much has changed with feeling or movement in his body, but Drs are still hopeful.

The man who was driving the boat was arrested today after the toxicology reports came back that he was over the legal alcohol limit. Bittersweet as the guy was a friend of Chico's and the father of a girl that Chico private coached.

If you are in the Atlanta, and can swing by to show your love. Chico is a great guy and loves people. I'm sure he'd love some visitors.

Keep praying and believing. If you'd like A Cheering for Chico shirt or Wrist bands, we have tons! $20 for Tees and $5 for bands.

Keep cheering for Chico!

I would love a shirt. Can I order one from you?

Back