All-Star Prayers For Newton, Ct

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.

I originally thought I knew nobody involved, but living so close, it was inevitable. I didn't know anyone personally, but my good friend's uncle was one of the first responders. I also found out that my neighbor's cousin was one of the children lost. I think that hit me the hardest.

Today at school, there definitely was sadness in the air. You could tell that something wasn't right, and it was rough day, especially in some of my classes, where my teachers talked about it, and were clearly still very upset. My school is having a school-wide assembly tomorrow morning to reflect on the events and remember.

I also cannot believe the threat at Saint Rose. My family is apart of that church, and I was confirmed there. It is such an amazing parish, and it being threatened on top of everything that already happened is completely awful. The most wonderful people belong there, and don't deserve this, especially after everything they've been through.

Throughout everything awful that has happened though, I am amazed at how the whole country and even world has come together. Almost everyone at school today was wearing green and white, Sandy Hook's colors, and things are already being planned through school clubs to help out everyone involved.

I found out that the boy who passed wasn't actually related to my neighbor, that was just a rumor.

Not wanting to start a religious debate... I just really liked this.

Twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38
When 20 beautiful children stormed through Heaven's gate.

Their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air,
They could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.

They were filled with such joy, they didn't know what to say,
They remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day.

"Where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse,
"This is Heaven." declared a small boy. "We're spending Christmas at
God's house.

"When what to their wondering eyes did appear,
But Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near.

He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same,
Then He opened His arms and He called them by name,

And in that moment was joy, that only Heaven can bring,
Those children all flew into the arms of their King

And as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace,
One small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face.

And as if He could read all the questions she had.
He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad.

"Then He looked down on earth, the world far below,
He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe,

Then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand,
"Let My power and presence re-enter this land!"

"May this country be delivered from the hands of fools"
"I'm taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools!

"Then He and the children stood up without a sound.
"Come now my children, let me show you around.

"Excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran,
All displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can.

And I heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight,
"In the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT."

I'm going to send them a card, its not much but it's a thought. To let the school know we are thinking about them.

For anyone who wants to do the same here is the address:

sybypaze.jpg
We put up a banner in our cafeteria and let all of our kids sign it with any sentiments they wished to include. I thought we'd need two! We're going to mail that to SHES this week. The funniest part was the girl who told me we couldn't send it...absolutely positively she wouldn't stand for it....

...then proceeded to point out...."See! they used the wrong "their" here....and here....and over here they didn't spell that right! We can't send this....we look stupid! We're supposed to be in high school!"

I merely patted her on the back and said I didn't think they'd mind a few grammatical errors over the heartfelt sentiment so many of our students wrote on the banner.

Then, as I walked away, I hoped no one from fierceboard would be on the receiving end of it :D

I found out this morning that the daughter of one of my sorority sisters from college is one of the children killed at Sandy Hook Elementary. My heart broke into pieces. The ripples caused by this tragedy will continue to be felt for a long time, I'm afraid. God bless the families of these beautiful children who had to leave this world too soon.

Back