Printed Rules and Guidelines

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 28, 2009
I am doing a major research project on Title IX and the Quinnipiac case for a law class. I have found tons of great information, and since I'm involved with cheer I have common knowledge on how things work. However, I need references, specifically printed references. I need a minimum of 10 non-internet references, and wasn't sure if the USASF printed any of their guidelines or rules, or if they were only available online. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

USASF doesn't have anything to do with the Quinnipiac case.

Yeah I know, but I'm looking for general cheerleading information. Much of my information is discussing the cheerleading industry, how it's set up, rules, and the USASF as a governing body. At this point, I have my information on the case, and I'm looking for ways to add some more references in term of general info.

I'm not aware of anything in print that you can't get from the USASF site. Sorry.

With that said, colleges need to change their criteria. Virtuallly every book and magazine are also available on the internet. The availability shouldn't disqualify the value as a source.

I'm not aware of anything in print that you can't get from the USASF site. Sorry.

With that said, colleges need to change their criteria. Virtuallly every book and magazine are also available on the internet. The availability shouldn't disqualify the value as a source.

I was gonna add lots of sources are now only making the information available online (for printing by yourself, and not specifically to cheer). They should just say 'No Wikipedia references' but even Wikipedia has been shown to be fairly accurate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reliability_of_Wikipedia yes I just proved my point by citing Wikipedia)

I have found so much great information online, and I think it's a complete disservice to not include it simply because it was found online. I agree about wikipedia or about.com, but when the information is coming from a credible source, there is no reason it should not be used.
Nonetheless, thanks for your help!

Back