All-Star Prizes/giveaways....the Good, The Bad And The Ugly

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

notimeforthat

Cheer Parent
Apr 13, 2010
I have seen several polls from EPs on /facebook asking about prizes and giveaways at past comps.... we could all collaborate here and make it easier for them! What do you think??
I like the pins as they are a nice keepsake to collect over the years without taking up space or dust.
I hate cheap drawstring bags!
We have too many hoodies and cheap jackets after 7 years of comps!

Our kids really seemed to like the T-Shirts and Hoodies. At most of the comps we've attended, they get a drawstring bag or a medal. CXE gave out some really nice Hoodies this year to division winners. I also like the JamLive! Champion shirts. But participant gifts....not really a fan of medals or mini trophies.

two comps we went to this year gave out really nice bows for level grand champs. It was one of my CPs favorite prizes, but they still like the sweatshirts and jackets. I agree with the drawstring bags, but Spirit Sports gives great backpacks. I would love to see an EP give the comp DVD or gift certificate from the comp photographer for an 8x10 as a prize for winning (not sure my kids would care though!)

I love when they give out pins and patches because those are easy to display and don't just get tossed into a box which is where about 50 of my cheer medals currently reside. Some competitions gave out nice backpacks and those are still pretty useful as is my COA towel from Florida. My only thing about all the hoodies/t-shirts/jackets is they're all the SAME. I love free clothes don't get me wrong but they need a little more flare.

I'm not a fan of t-shirts. They usually find their way to being donated. I love sweatshirts (either zippies or hoodies). Except for a few faves that represent big wins or are just pretty, they generally also get donated, but nowhere near as quick as the t's. The jackets usually get worn once (at the comp) and then are never seen or heard from again (unless I win an NCA jacket, that's not going anywhere). The rest of the crap usually hangs out in my coaches bag until I clean it out...that stuff usually just gets dumped.

two comps we went to this year gave out really nice bows for level grand champs. It was one of my CPs favorite prizes, but they still like the sweatshirts and jackets. I agree with the drawstring bags, but Spirit Sports gives great backpacks. I would love to see an EP give the comp DVD or gift certificate from the comp photographer for an 8x10 as a prize for winning (not sure my kids would care though!)
I have never heard of bows for grand champs, that is really cute! What competition was it?

I have never heard of bows for grand champs, that is really cute! What competition was it?

I know SpiritFest in CT gave out bows to grand champs...they were really cute too.

Two of the comps that we went to this year gave out picture frames and waterbottles/clear cups with straws. It was nice to get something new other than a drawstring bag or cheap backpack for all of the participants.
There was another comp that gave out gym/duffel bags for the division champs instead of doing a cheap sweatshirt or jacket which was also a nice change. I think as long as the EP is doing something different than just the standard jacket/medal/trophy the kids are going to appreciate the change.

I feel like American Championships needs to mix it up a bit, we used to attend 2-3 of their nationals a year and getting the same jacket or sweatshirt got a little old, we were happy to get them but the kids did not get as excited.

From personal experience my niece (6) loves getting an individual trophy

My sister (17) looks at them with disdain....but I did go to her room the other day and saw them all on her desk so maybe its all just a show....or maybe she had no where to hide them. Who knows.

I think this year American Superstarz gave out garment bags to ever participant. Ever time you turned a corner you heard some kid going "....but what is it?"

So I'd say yes to trophies for little ones....

No to garment bags for little ones... or anyone

I have a couple different opinions.
1.Personally, I love getting medals/trophies.In our converting our guest room to trophy room,I've found that my brothers whom did travel baseball and travel soccer have many,many more trophies/medals than me.you cant really display a tshirt in a trophy case!we have also won metal street sign type things with the comp logo on it,and love those too!
2. I like getting clothes,but a majority of them are youth sizes,and i can no longer wear them.i have no use for them now!just sitting in the closet.
3. Lastly, bows.a bunch of girls in my gym were excited when BUTBT gave bows to competitors this year,but I really wasnt impressed with them,and all I was able to do was compare them to my moms an other companies bows.
That's all...

Back