All-Star Pyramids... Too Much, Too Little, Or Just Right?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

yes and no. good choreography should highlight your skills and abilities, not replace your skills and abilities. if your dance has a fun and cute idea it can literally trump your execution. so even half baked execution of a fun cute idea would go over well.

OK... I'll agree with that. But that's an issue that will always exist with this sport... so I guess the more creative you can be, the better you'll continue to score. That's one of the reasons I love having my children in TG... every year Victor brings something new and innovative to their routines.

OK... I'll agree with that. But that's an issue that will always exist with this sport... so I guess the more creative you can be, the better you'll continue to score. That's one of the reasons I love having my children in TG... every year Victor brings something new and innovative to their routines.

agreed, it is what it is.

Both good points. I can def. see how pyramids will be an area for teams to excel. Perhaps this will be where point differential will have the most impact. However, I have seen two relatively good teams compete, where both hit on all of the other elements, but one has a better pyramid than the other... yet the one with the better pyramid lost. Why, because the overall coreography of the routine was simply better... everything transitioned better.

Actually, Kingston made a good point in that pyramids have no real set way to score, outside of the flip and structure requirments. But if we are going to look at it that way, then in truth, the difference between really good teams may be pyramid, but even more so will be the dance/motions section. That secion has an even more "open for interpretation" standard. So by that... can we say that when two good teams who have similar skill sets and execution who max out in all the other elements will be determined by who has the better dance section?

I'm curious which teams you are referring to. Unless the two teams shared scoresheets how do you know what aspects each team was outscored on?

This is another reason why event producers should provide every teams scores.

Back