All-Star Question About Summit Crossover Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

BBinNCsMom

Cheer Parent
Feb 21, 2014
There is a rule on the varsity website on their summit home page and I can't figure out what it means. Can someone clarify? This is what it says.

6. Reminder that we do not guarantee crossovers at The Summit during the Semi-Finals Round or Finals Round.

Thanks! It won't apply to CP but I'm just curious.

They can't guarantee there won't be schedule conflicts with crossovers during those rounds.

Well that seems kinda crappy. Sorry your flyer is competing over in the milk house right now. I'm sure the judges over here in the tents will understand.

Yeah, from what I heard they try hard to accommodate . I have heard with so many teams having so many crossovers , they just can't guarantee it.

Yeah, from what I heard they try hard to accommodate . I have heard with so many teams having so many crossovers , they just can't guarantee it.
along with the fact that they don't know which teams will be advancing, so I imagine the schedule has to be put together very quick, whereas most competitions that aren't elimination style have time to send the schedule out for revisions

They do try and accommodate, but there is no guarantee it'll be much time between performances. Since there's no way of knowing which teams are advancing, and what order they'll have the next day, it's basically luck of the draw.

They do try and accommodate, but there is no guarantee it'll be much time between performances. Since there's no way of knowing which teams are advancing, and what order they'll have the next day, it's basically luck of the draw.

That makes sense.

I more likely see them adopting NCA's policy of crossing within the same level only. I'd love them banned completely but it'll never happen.

Especially when some gyms hold "Summit" tryouts within their gyms. Might be just a reckless whisper from a parent who felt their kid got burned but apparently some will swear that this happens more often than not.

Especially when some gyms hold "Summit" tryouts within their gyms. Might be just a reckless whisper from a parent who felt their kid got burned but apparently some will swear that this happens more often than not.
Aren't there new rules though regarding how many roster changes can be made, I believe 5? So if that did happen in the past, it should be limited in the future...

Aren't there new rules though regarding how many roster changes can be made, I believe 5? So if that did happen in the past, it should be limited in the future...

I believe No more than 25% of your team can be replaced for summit. So the number of kids that could be replaced would be determined by how large the team is.

I have a question but it's not about summit rules. I know the answer is already here somewhere but I couldn't find it. What are the rules about adding athletes after you get a bid? We got a wild card and one of our athletes got moved to a different team so we are adding someone. Then I heard we may be adding a couple more (we got the bid with 18 athletes on the team). Can we add more than what we got our bid with???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a question but it's not about summit rules. I know the answer is already here somewhere but I couldn't find it. What are the rules about adding athletes after you get a bid? We got a wild card and one of our athletes got moved to a different team so we are adding someone. Then I heard we may be adding a couple more (we got the bid with 18 athletes on the team). Can we add more than what we got our bid with???

No, you can't. If you win the bid with 18, you can't compete with more than 18. That changed from last year.

No, you can't. If you win the bid with 18, you can't compete with more than 18. That changed from last year.

Ok so we can replace the girl who went to a different team but we can only take more than 18 if we get a paid bid with the new people. Correct?

Back