All-Star Question About Worlds Bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheer4evah

Cheer Parent
Apr 20, 2011
What happens to bids if there are not enough teams at an event to give the bids to?

For example, lets say One Up has 6 at large bids to give next weekend but there are only 3 teams in eligible divisions that do not already have some type of bid. They would give out the 3 at larges to the teams that don't have one, but what would happen to the others? Are they just gone, or would the EP have the option to award the "left overs" to teams from another one of their competitions that hadn't received a bid yet?

Not saying it would happen, just curious what happens if it does. With it being this late in the season, I would assume there aren't too many teams left going for AL bids (I know some are after Paid though).

It has happened (at UCA and NCA I think) and they don't give them out. There's no one to give them too.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

It seems like that has been the case lately for the end of the competition season this year at alot of events (NCA, UCA, CANAM, possibly One Up). I wonder if Worlds bids should have a cut off time, March 1st or 31st? It just seems like it's not that hard to get a bid if you are willing to go to a competition 2 weeks before Worlds since everyone else going already has one and is either going to try to get a paid bid or to try out their Worlds routine. As a parent it would be very difficult to come up with money to go out of town for a late competition to get a bid and turn around 2 weeks later and have to pay more money for airfare, hotel, Worlds entry fees, etc. It just doesn't seem as special anymore.

I have a question.

Ok at RTB coming up there are 14 teams

5 teams have AL bids
2 teams have FP bids
7 teams don't have a bid
- - - - - - - - - -

There are 6 AL and 2 FP bids up for grabs.

How will bids be distributed? Will 7 of the bids go to the teams without and the last goes to the one with the highest score? Can any of the teams currently with the AL get one of the FP?

Please explain! Sorry I'm kinda new to the bid process!

I have a question.

5 teams have AL bids
2 teams have FP bids
7 teams don't have a bid
- - - - - - - - - -

How will bids be distributed? Will 7 of the bids go to the teams without and the last goes to the one with the highest score? Can any of the teams currently with the AL get one of the FP?

The 5 teams that have AL bids and the 7 teams that have no bids are all eligible for paid. What will likely happen (though there's no guarantee) is that 6/7 of the teams will no bid will get AL bids and 2 of the 5 teams with an AL will upgrade to Paid. You can always upgrade your bid to paid.

The 5 teams that have AL bids and the 7 teams that have no bids are all eligible for paid. What will likely happen (though there's no guarantee) is that 6/7 of the teams will no bid will get AL bids and 2 of the 5 teams with an AL will upgrade to Paid. You can always upgrade your bid to paid.

Ok great! Thank you!

Wouldn't it stink to be the 1/7 that leaves without a bid. Especially if you really want one and then know that there have been bids at other comps that weren't even given out due to lack of teams to give them to.

I know we can debate whether a team that can't even get an AL bid deserves to be at Worlds at all, but that's another discussion.

I have a question.

5 teams have AL bids
2 teams have FP bids
7 teams don't have a bid
- - - - - - - - - -

But is that final that there's 14 teams or just what is listed on the road to worlds? While that's accurate as far as who is going I doubt it's complete! So I think there will probably be more teams..?

But is that final that there's 14 teams or just what is listed on the road to worlds? While that's accurate as far as who is going I doubt it's complete! So I think there will probably be more teams..?

As of now I'm going based off the road to worlds because the final schedule isn't out yet. I'm not sure there will be many more teams though because its right around the corner from worlds. I know many programs that usually go are not. Ex- cheer tyme, twisters ect.

As of now I'm going based off the road to worlds because the final schedule isn't out yet. I'm not sure there will be many more teams though because its right around the corner from worlds. I know many programs that usually go are not. Ex- cheer tyme, twisters ect.

I think sjs used to go too. I know I competed there with them way back when. I think one up tooknsome of their business.

cheer tyme is going this year

Back