All-Star Question For Judges I Guess

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 21, 2010
My friends and I were having a talk today and I wondered if someone could clarify for me or shed light on this.
For cheersport nationals -running tumbling.
Do you get a point for every level 4 skill thrown in the pass?
example Front punch step out round off , backhs whip, backhand layout( 3 points)?

And for example if someone throws a ro,bhs bhs and tuck instead of a layout no point/s is given because they performed a skill below the level competing?

But you would get points if you were to use a tuck or front punch as a conection to a level four skill such as a layout?

My friends and I were having a talk today and I wondered if someone could clarify for me or shed light on this.
For cheersport nationals -running tumbling.
Do you get a point for every level 4 skill thrown in the pass?
example Front punch step out round off , backhs whip, backhand layout( 3 points)?

And for example if someone throws a ro,bhs bhs and tuck instead of a layout no point/s is given because they performed a skill below the level competing?

But you would get points if you were to use a tuck or front punch as a conection to a level four skill such as a layout?

The skills for that level are counted, and depending on what range of the scoresheet is judged. low, med, high, and each skill is counted to make sure each team fits into that range, skills below the level are not counted, only those in that level... I hope that helps:)

The skills for that level are counted, and depending on what range of the scoresheet is judged. low, med, high, and each skill is counted to make sure each team fits into that range, skills below the level are not counted, only those in that level... I hope that helps:)

so if I accidentally throw a roundoff bhs bhs tuck ( a tuck instead of a layout) that pass gets no points?

do bad pike layouts get points as level 4

im pretty sure they would as long as the knees arent bent at all however it would hurt execution score i know in the video on how to understand the scoresheet it was said if a ro bhs tuck bhs tuck was thrown as a specialty only the second part of the pass would be counted as level 4 since you cant tumble out of a tuck in level 3 but would only be counted as 1 as opposed to a ro bhs whip bhs pike/layout which would count for 2 i know alot of teams get killed with bent knees in layouts or pikes because they dont get counted towards level 4 tumbling

I think the moral of the story here is to get in the gym and work harder. Not find ways to get around what your tumbling pass is.

I think the moral of the story here is to get in the gym and work harder. Not find ways to get around what your tumbling pass is.

That is the Truth... don't try to buck the system, just work a little bit harder, and your team will score better in the long run!:)

Back