High School Quick Question About Hs Partner Stunting

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 2, 2011
Can the spotter be at ankle and toe in HS like they are in college and all star? Im hoping I'm reading the rules wrong, because I don't know where else to put the spotter lol
Do they have to be just at ankles behind the stunt??
Can the spotter be at the bases forearms/wrists if the base is too tall for the spotter to reach the flyer?

Can the spotter be at ankle and toe in HS like they are in college and all star? Im hoping I'm reading the rules wrong, because I don't know where else to put the spotter lol
Do they have to be just at ankles behind the stunt??
Can the spotter be at the bases forearms/wrists if the base is too tall for the spotter to reach the flyer?

Ankle/toe at prep level

Ankle or wrists, but not under hand or under sole of shoe at extended level.

That's frustrating. Thank you so much!

I answered quickly, but to line my answer up with the way the rules read:

When their hands are under the hands or sole of the shoe, they meet the definition of "base"

So they're allowed to put them there at prep level because it becomes a double-based, shoulder-level stunt which does not require an additional spotter.

If their hands are in that placement and they become a "base" in a double-based extended-level stunt, it requires an additional spotter.

In essence, if you place a third person as a "spotter" who is not touching the extended stunt, they can have their hands wherever you want them. At that point, you might as well do a group stunt.

I answered quickly, but to line my answer up with the way the rules read:

When their hands are under the hands or sole of the shoe, they meet the definition of "base"

So they're allowed to put them there at prep level because it becomes a double-based, shoulder-level stunt which does not require an additional spotter.

If their hands are in that placement and they become a "base" in a double-based extended-level stunt, it requires an additional spotter.

In essence, if you place a third person as a "spotter" who is not touching the extended stunt, they can have their hands wherever you want them. At that point, you might as well do a group stunt.

If I were to do that on a coed team it wouldn't score as a partner stunt would it?

Latest posts

Back