All-Star Raising Money For Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 15, 2016
My team got a partial bid to Aloha Spirit Nationals in Hawaii at GSSA Super Six earlier this month, and everyone on my team wants to go, but I know for a fact that my parents won't pay for this, because we already have two travel comps and it's just too expensive. However, I don't want to keep my team from going. Does anyone have advice for raising money? the fundraising through my gym is not very effective and doesn't give us the money, and I'm not old enough to get a job until march. I've tried babysitting, can and bottle collecting, and using gift money for cheer but none of them have helped very much. Any suggestions would help so much. Thanks!!

When I had a cheer competition down in London a few years ago (I live in Scotland), my mum and dad were refusing to pay for it. At this time I wasn't old enough to get a job so looked into getting a Newspaper Delivery round at my local convenience store as you could be under the age of 16 to do this. Although it only gave me a small wage per week I never spent any of it. I also combined any birthday money I had and started to sell home bakes at school for what would be the equivalent of 40/50 cents per item every day. By the end of the year I managed to make at least $200 from the baking alone. The baking items are a lot of work as you'll constantly need to buy new items and do baking at least once a week but it worked for me. Another thing you could try is to get a local business to essentially sponsor you - a lot of the local rugby players at my old high school did this and it more than paid for their travel and kit expenses. Id speak to your gym owner to see about the last one as maybe it could become a thing for all of the athletes in the gym?

When I had a cheer competition down in London a few years ago (I live in Scotland), my mum and dad were refusing to pay for it. At this time I wasn't old enough to get a job so looked into getting a Newspaper Delivery round at my local convenience store as you could be under the age of 16 to do this. Although it only gave me a small wage per week I never spent any of it. I also combined any birthday money I had and started to sell home bakes at school for what would be the equivalent of 40/50 cents per item every day. By the end of the year I managed to make at least $200 from the baking alone. The baking items are a lot of work as you'll constantly need to buy new items and do baking at least once a week but it worked for me. Another thing you could try is to get a local business to essentially sponsor you - a lot of the local rugby players at my old high school did this and it more than paid for their travel and kit expenses. Id speak to your gym owner to see about the last one as maybe it could become a thing for all of the athletes in the gym?
thanks!! I love baking so I'll look into that and the sponsorships!! :)

Back