All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Could someone tell me (and where in the rules to find it) whether a bird front is legal at level 2? Not sure if that's what you call it here, but the flyer goes up to extension then the backspot pulls the ankles backwards and the bases catch the flyer in prone. Hopefully that made sense...
I looked in the rules but couldn't see anything about dismounts to prone, if I was even looking in the right place?
I don't think it's legal from an extension, my Sr. 2 team got docked for it this season, we had to lower it to a bench level. Sorry if it's already been answered

Also related to the same WSA comp:

They had several awards ceremonies throughout the day, for example, their 2nd awards included the divisions Tiny 1, Small Youth 2 A, Junior 4, and Senior 4.2. The only divisions that had finished competing at this point were mini rec 1, and large mini 2, I believe. TheTiny 1, Youth 2 B and Junior 4 champs all also received High Point awards. Then in the next awards, the Small Youth 2 A also received a high point award. I only attended the last two awards ceremonies after that, in which no high points were awarded. But how could they know!?! Can anyone give me a possible explanation???

I personally think CTR should get the bid. It was just an at large right? It doesn't cost the EP any more money, and it was their mistake, not CTR's.

It does cost the EP. When it happened in the past, they had to give out an extra paid bid, because an AL is tied to a Paid. 3 AL for every Paid - you can't just give out an extra AL.

I don't remember the NCA incident, but I remember it was UCA, and Brandon Senior White was called for a paid, and when the EP realized that wasn't who was supposed to get the paid, USASF "made" UCA give another team 10 000 dollars as well? But I don't remember specifics. Maybe this will happen with CTR?

It had something to do with how it was coded on the sheet. They read it as Brandon Semi Limited (aka White) already was paid when really it was Brandon Small Coed (aka Black). So they skipped over White and the next higher team got paid. I don't remember who it was. But I remember them having to honor the previously awarded paid bid and give an extra bid to Brandon White

It said like Brandon SC had a paid. They thought that mean Semi-limited Coed when really it meant Small Coed. It wasn't exactly that but something along those lines

It had something to do with how it was coded on the sheet. They read it as Brandon Semi Limited (aka White) already was paid when really it was Brandon Small Coed (aka Black). So they skipped over White and the next higher team got paid. I don't remember who it was. But I remember them having to honor the previously awarded paid bid and give an extra bid to Brandon White

It said like Brandon SC had a paid. They thought that mean Semi-limited Coed when really it meant Small Coed. It wasn't exactly that but something along those lines

Right I remember now.

It does cost the EP. When it happened in the past, they had to give out an extra paid bid, because an AL is tied to a Paid. 3 AL for every Paid - you can't just give out an extra AL.

So I guess the decision now is doing the right thing or doing the less expensive thing...

Also, here's Justin's statement about NCA giving out more bids last year than they advertised (not really the same situation, but it does explain the Paid/AL relationship):

Cheer - Nca Bid Issues | Page 2 | Fierce Board - We Talk Cheerleading

Just want to say that feeling sucks. It wasn't as bad as losing a bid or anything, but they announced all teams up to 4th, then made a big deal about these next 3 being the top 3, etc etc, then were like "oh wait, actually, your team is in 4th, sorry". It was horrible, because we would have been so excited for 4th if we'd just been given it, but because we were getting excited about top 3 it just felt like such a let down :(
As for bids, I have no real clue about how they work, so sorry for derailing slightly!

ETA (I feel like I always do this, post then think of something extra): Is CTR the same as Cheer Tyme? Because when I saw the first post about this I thought you were talking about Cheer Tyme, and I'd always thought of them as a really strong gym, but then people started talking about CTR and I got confused...

ETA (I feel like I always do this, post then think of something extra): Is CTR the same as Cheer Tyme? Because when I saw the first post about this I thought you were talking about Cheer Tyme, and I'd always thought of them as a really strong gym, but then people started talking about CTR and I got confused...

No, there is CheerTyme Allstars and Cheer Time Revolution Allstars!

No, there is CheerTyme Allstars and Cheer Time Revolution Allstars!
Oh good! I just went back and triple-checked the post and I think because it's spelt "tyme" and the "revolution" part is on the next line I must have just missed it! Glad for that- I like Cheer Tyme!

Back