All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Try going really slow into the pit. Walk slowly, do a very slow roundoff, watch your feet as they hit the mat, and then rebound and land on your back in the pit. Hopefully that'll help you get used to the feeling of landing with your back to the edge and bounding backwards.

As for drills, we tend to turn to our expert @tumbleyoda

I have found that most athletes that fear going into a pit or resi are scared their steps will be off and they will either be too short, or too long and miss it.

This is an issue of the lead up skills not being consistent. This does not mean they can not throw the skills or that they are janky. This means that each time they do it, there is something different. They take an extra step or two. They stretch one BHS but shrink the next one. They dip their shoulders early into the RO causing them to go crooked. These are issues I tend to address at all levels so that the equipment of a resi pit or pit or ord floor can be used with maximum value.

@katiecheer8 - I rarely comment on how to fix something without seeing it. Kinda like a doctor diagnosing you without knowing anything about you at all and giving you prescriptions to make you feel better. If you email me at [email protected] I can give you a better answer as to how to fix your issue and drills to make it better. Or you can post a video here and I can see it on this site. There are lots of possible drills and fixes regardless to if you ever tumble into a pit or not. Would like to figure out which ones you really need the most. :)

Question, if you are double teaming for 2 World teams and both teams get their bid on the same day, what team do you compete with at worlds? In this situation do you get to pick?

Question, if you are double teaming for 2 World teams and both teams get their bid on the same day, what team do you compete with at worlds? In this situation do you get to pick?
You're locked into the team that gets the latest paid...so if they both got paid on the same day, the gym would probably have to choose.

Thanks for the info. I knew it went by last team you got your bid with, that is why I wasn't sure how it would work if won on same day.

Yes to biking across the GG Bridge. Check the days, cos depending on the day dictates which side of the bridge you are on. The north (I think) side gives you unblocked views of the city. There is a little town on the other side which is nice for like much and shopping -Sausilito. You can catch the ferry back to SF from there too with your bike

Do Alcatraz. It's pretty cool. There is a lot to see in GG park, so if you're walking, be prepared to walk. There is a trolley through it, but it seems to appear randomly despite a schedule. Ride a cable car and the trolley car. They are 2 different things.

Walk down Lombard Street. It's the super curvy to be. You can in fact walk from there to Coit tower for more good views from the city. The tower is at the top of Telegraph Hill, which sometimes has parrots. Lots of steps, so it's nice to go down unless you want some conditioning.

Union square has lots of shopping and restaurants. Also check out the Exploratorium. We missed it cos it was closed the day we planned to go, but I've heard amazing things about it. They also do adult nights on Thursdays, I believe, but check their website. How old are you, if you don't make no me asking? We also did some age dependent thing which were a lot of fun.

Finally, if you're looking for a day trip, Napa valley is super close, and there are a lot of wine tours you can do too (again, age dependent, and you need a car). Look too into pro sports games if you're into that. And use Yelp/tripadvisor for restaurants and snack places cos there are tons of amazing places to eat there. We spent 4 full days in SF and I still feel like we missed things.
thank you soooo much! and i'm 19 right now, i'll be 20 on the 8/23!

thank you soooo much! and i'm 19 right now, i'll be 20 on the 8/23!

We did a brunch on Sunday morning at the Starlite room - very 'traditional' SF that was a lot of fun. Sunday's a Drag - Google it if you're interested in a fun show with breakfast. It was one of my favourite things we did

This is merely hypothetical as I don't have this pass and am still in gymnastics but would a round off bhs 1 1/2 straight into a front layout be legal? If so what level?

This is merely hypothetical as I don't have this pass and am still in gymnastics but would a round off bhs 1 1/2 straight into a front layout be legal? If so what level?
I definitely could be wrong but I feel like this could be legal in level 5? I'm not seeing any rules against it? I know 1 1/2 are illegal, and I know front layouts out of front handsprings are legal.
The only running tumbling rules for level 5 are:
1 - Skills are allowed up to 1 flipping and 2 twisting rotations.
2 - Tumbling skills involving flipping and twisting immediately into a double twisting tumbling skill are not allowed.
3 - Twisting skills immediately out of a double twisting tumbling skill are not allowed.

Okay, I have another random question! I'm writing about standing jumps sequences in my cheer series at the moment and want to make sure I use the correct terms. Is there specific jump, aside from like fulls, that cannot be used in level 3 jumps? And then also I looked up and know that of course "toe touch" is the proper term for what I always just called a split. But then I found both hurkie and also hurdler for what I consider to be the same move, based on photos. Any help? Thanks so much! And shoutout to the cheer mom that made the note that I didn't include standing jumps in the first book of my series. I refuse to make the same mistake in book 2!

Back