All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is it true that CEA Coed Elite is not attending NCA this year? They are not in the list of large coed teams made by cheerupdates

Is it true that CEA Coed Elite is not attending NCA this year? They are not in the list of large coed teams made by cheerupdates
I didn't think any CEA teams were going but I guess they're not 'boycotting' anymore.. but I also wouldn't trust his list whatsoever :)

Curious as to how people think the wide range of high scores in different regions plays into results at bigger comps such as NCA/Cheersport. I've noticed the range more this year than ever before. High scores of 98 at bid comps in one section of the country versus 95 in others, when it doesn't seem like there is that much of a difference between teams - and sometimes even the lower scoring team looks better than the higher (based off video so I know I'm missing some of the subjective scores such as performance). Does a bias gets created?

Why is doubling out of Arabesque looked down upon now? I guess because it's the easiest position to double out of (even though a lot of double downs still look terrible out of them). I have always wondered why more teams don't double out of Bow & Arrows or cobras.

Why is doubling out of Arabesque looked down upon now? I guess because it's the easiest position to double out of (even though a lot of double downs still look terrible out of them). I have always wondered why more teams don't double out of Bow & Arrows or cobras.
Looked down upon? I definitely wouldn't say that's the case. I've never done the math, but I bet you that at least 90% of level 5 teams double out of an arabesque. It's significantly easier to square and spin out of an arabesque than a bow & arrow, scorpion, scale, etc. In a scoring system that rewards technique, most teams aren't going to risk a shaky double out of bow & arrow when they can cleanly double out of an arabesque.

Doubling out of an Arabesque < Scale < Scorp < Heel Stretch < Bow & Arrow. You might score a smidge higher for doubling out of a more difficult body position, but a double down isn't an elite skill and it's not worth stressing over an ugly Bow & Arrow double down when you have other skills to worry about hitting. Plus the technique score will likely take a hit. And it takes a lot of technique to do a good stretch double.

Curious as to how people think the wide range of high scores in different regions plays into results at bigger comps such as NCA/Cheersport. I've noticed the range more this year than ever before. High scores of 98 at bid comps in one section of the country versus 95 in others, when it doesn't seem like there is that much of a difference between teams - and sometimes even the lower scoring team looks better than the higher (based off video so I know I'm missing some of the subjective scores such as performance). Does a bias gets created?
From a coaching standpoint, it's extremely frustrating. I have found the Northeast tends to score pretty high. When we go to big comps outside the region (think summit or the like), all of a sudden our scores plummet. So for the last few years, I just assume we are overscored in our region. I typically throw out all high scores I hear about, because on this rubric, they mean absolutely nothing.

cheernerd5678 from Melissa Andren: "A few years ago cheersport was during Valentines day, so they decided to wear red bows to compete and i think they really hit well so now its been something that odyssey likes to do!! our coaches told us that if we got our full paid bid at athletic championships on providence, we could get red bows"
Didn't something also happen with an athlete from (don't quote me)Fame allstars? That they then decided to wear the red again, to honor this athlete?

Random question came up this weekend while I was at a comp and talking to some parents I know. They mentioned that the comps they go to do not want the athletes walking around in their uniforms if they are a cropped top. So basically they HAVE to wear their tank tops when they aren't performing. Is this a rule everywhere? Just some places? Is this a rule at places like Worlds?
I have written some stuff in book 4 of my series about tank tops, but want to make sure I am getting things right after hearing this new info. Any help would be great so I can go back and make changes as needed to best represent every detail of the cheer world in my series.

Random question came up this weekend while I was at a comp and talking to some parents I know. They mentioned that the comps they go to do not want the athletes walking around in their uniforms if they are a cropped top. So basically they HAVE to wear their tank tops when they aren't performing. Is this a rule everywhere? Just some places? Is this a rule at places like Worlds?
I have written some stuff in book 4 of my series about tank tops, but want to make sure I am getting things right after hearing this new info. Any help would be great so I can go back and make changes as needed to best represent every detail of the cheer world in my series.
It's one of the uniform "guidelines". You must be covered unless you're travelling to warm ups, warming up, or competing.
Not sure what or if there is a punishment for not following it though.

What @luv2cheer92 said. Though I could see the Northwest region as a whole being a little more vigilant about this "guideline" after they obviously had people in the venue taking pictures and posting them in very inappropriate places in seasons passed. I wouldn't need a punishment to convince me to cover up if that had happened.

This is something our gym owner takes very seriously; our senior athletes MUST be covered in a t-shirt the minute they get back to their seats.

Back