All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Random question- do worlds athletes have to be released from their prior gym if they aren't going to another worlds team at a different gym? Like if they go from a worlds team at one gym then decide they want to change gyms for whatever reason and end up on a restricted or a level 4 team do they still need to be released?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe so. I think the release is just for worlds (someone please correct me if I'm wrong)

Cheeranswers is correct. The athlete only needs a release to be able to compete at Worlds.

**I see crazy people**

Silly question but what is an individual? :)

Its when you do a routine consisting of tumbling, jumps,dance and a yell.
The few ive seen are age and level based.

This is one in the gym itself but gives you an idea...

We have them at nationals as well.
This is peeweecheer discovery solo.
No levels determined, just age brackets.

This is from last season. This was a new category together with jr solo and duo's in both cat.
I believe.

Last edited:
Its when you do a routine consisting of tumbling, jumps,dance and a yell.
The few ive seen are age and level based.

This is one in the gym itself but gives you an idea...

I can't believe individuals are making a comeback... back in the late 90's they were huge (and my age is definitely showing now lol).

I can't believe individuals are making a comeback... back in the late 90's they were huge (and my age is definitely showing now lol).

Names are eluding me right now but there are a few EP's where this never died.

**I see crazy people**

Does anyone have good tips for scoring higher on stunt creativity? Seem to be scoring low across the board but especially on level 4. Added a basic level 2 entrance and upped our score some but looking for more examples. Thank you!

Question, if an athlete is injured, but still attends a comp./rostered and the team receives a bid, why is this athlete not allowed to perform with there such team at summit/worlds? I was told since x amount were on the floor,(when bid was received) thats the number thats only allowed to compete. Yet, these athletes are traveling with there teams, standing on the side(injured) with coaches. I also understand there are a lot of teams that would abuse this and have higher level athletes fill in. I just don't think its fair to the "TRUE" injured that are being affected by this. I know they can fill in for another athlete if injured or if someone quits etc. This is just sad and tends to make a lot of teammates scared for there spots.
My question is, why isn't this taken into consideration, why is there not a clause or something on the applications for comps.? Any input,muchly appreciated:)

I know this was posted a long time ago, but you're correct. In 2009, we lost 5 athletes at fame. Jay, Breanna, Isiah and his brother Dobby, and Shae. It was a terrible year for us emotionally. During a competition in Baltimore (I cannot remember the name, it was years ago) it was about 1 or 2 weeks after we lost Isiah, Odyssey wore red bows in solidarity for FAME. It was the MOST emotional moment I've ever witnessed in cheer. I immediately started crying. Followed by our coed 5 team coming out and in the music they said, "In memory of Isiah" (This was prior to Dobby passing away). During the routine, they didn't fill Isiah's spot. They left his tumble pass open.

The last pass is a full in back out? Those have never been legal. Was there a reason behind that or was it a we're the only team in the division so go ahead and throw it type thing?

The last pass is a full in back out? Those have never been legal. Was there a reason behind that or was it a we're the only team in the division so go ahead and throw it type thing?

They were exhibition that day. Because it was only a short time after Isiah passed, there was no time to change the routine or fill in. They didn't want to.

Question, if an athlete is injured, but still attends a comp./rostered and the team receives a bid, why is this athlete not allowed to perform with there such team at summit/worlds? I was told since x amount were on the floor,(when bid was received) thats the number thats only allowed to compete. Yet, these athletes are traveling with there teams, standing on the side(injured) with coaches. I also understand there are a lot of teams that would abuse this and have higher level athletes fill in. I just don't think its fair to the "TRUE" injured that are being affected by this. I know they can fill in for another athlete if injured or if someone quits etc. This is just sad and tends to make a lot of teammates scared for there spots.
My question is, why isn't this taken into consideration, why is there not a clause or something on the applications for comps.? Any input,muchly appreciated:)

Taken from Varsity.com so I didn't make any mistakes.....

Summit Roster Policy- NEW FOR THIS YEAR:
You MUST compete with the number of athletes that you qualify with. You can compete with less as long as it keeps you in the same division. You will only be able to replace 25% of your roster from the time you received your bid until you compete at The Summit. Example: A team of 20 competes and receives a bids, they can only replace 5 athletes at the time of The Summit competition.

Summit Crossover Policy
  1. Only 5 athletes can crossover from The Cheerleading Worlds to The Summit.
    • Exception: Junior 5 (NOT restricted) will be allowed to have up to 8 crossovers from The Cheerleading Worlds to The Summit.
  2. Athletes can compete on no more than 2 cheer teams at The Summit.
  3. All Level 4.2 athletes may only crossover to levels 2, 3 or 4.
  4. Athletes can only cross up or down a level at The Summit. Level 5 athletes that competed at Cheerleading Worlds can only cross to level 4 & 5 Summit divisions (Excludes Level 4.2).
  5. No crossovers will be allowed to compete on both a cheer and a dance team at The Summit. However a Cheerleading Worlds athlete may compete at the Dance Summit and a Dance Worlds athlete may compete at The Summit.
  6. Reminder that we do not guarantee crossovers at The Summit during the Semi-Finals Round or Finals Round.

Taken from Varsity.com so I didn't make any mistakes.....

Summit Roster Policy- NEW FOR THIS YEAR:
You MUST compete with the number of athletes that you qualify with. You can compete with less as long as it keeps you in the same division. You will only be able to replace 25% of your roster from the time you received your bid until you compete at The Summit. Example: A team of 20 competes and receives a bids, they can only replace 5 athletes at the time of The Summit competition.

Summit Crossover Policy
  1. Only 5 athletes can crossover from The Cheerleading Worlds to The Summit.
    • Exception: Junior 5 (NOT restricted) will be allowed to have up to 8 crossovers from The Cheerleading Worlds to The Summit.
  2. Athletes can compete on no more than 2 cheer teams at The Summit.
  3. All Level 4.2 athletes may only crossover to levels 2, 3 or 4.
  4. Athletes can only cross up or down a level at The Summit. Level 5 athletes that competed at Cheerleading Worlds can only cross to level 4 & 5 Summit divisions (Excludes Level 4.2).
  5. No crossovers will be allowed to compete on both a cheer and a dance team at The Summit. However a Cheerleading Worlds athlete may compete at the Dance Summit and a Dance Worlds athlete may compete at The Summit.
  6. Reminder that we do not guarantee crossovers at The Summit during the Semi-Finals Round or Finals Round.
This is for crossovers. She was injured and could not compete with her team. Now that she is not injured she will not be allowed to compete with her team, to summit/worlds due to the fact that they received a bid with less people on the floor. How is this fair?

This is for crossovers. She was injured and could not compete with her team. Now that she is not injured she will not be allowed to compete with her team, to summit/worlds due to the fact that they received a bid with less people on the floor. How is this fair?
I think it's also on the gym, not just the rules/USASF. Yes, the rules do say that you can't have more on the floor than what you competed with when the bid was received as posted above. But it's really up to the gym/coaches on whether or not the injured person gets their spot on the team back, too. There's no way to change the rule so that someone who was injured could be added, because then everyone would say that this athlete was injured and stack the team with higher level athletes. That's what the rule is trying to prevent. Life's not always fair, but you have to play by the rules.
Some teams will go for a new bid for this reason so they can have a new number of people to work with. Though this is much easier for Worlds teams then Summit because of the number of bids available.

Latest posts

Back