Random Cheerleading Questions

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by Nikaa, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Revolution-Cheer

Revolution-Cheer I shimmy daily

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    The girls from ctr competed in them in Chicago, the EP was AmeriCheer.
    It was at their Great Lakes open nationals.
    The comp that they attended in Sixflags also did individuals.

2. Cheer03KC

Cheer03KC I shimmy daily

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Does anyone have good tips for scoring higher on stunt creativity? Seem to be scoring low across the board but especially on level 4. Added a basic level 2 entrance and upped our score some but looking for more examples. Thank you!

3. Keep_Believing

Keep_Believing Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    stormydakota
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    @Cheer03KC Top Gun routines are full of creativity

• Shimmy Shimmy x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. NikkiB

NikkiB Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Wow, I did not know that! Either way it's cool to see them on here!

5. The bow lady

The bow lady They call me Susie

Shimmys Received:
    Question, if an athlete is injured, but still attends a comp./rostered and the team receives a bid, why is this athlete not allowed to perform with there such team at summit/worlds? I was told since x amount were on the floor,(when bid was received) thats the number thats only allowed to compete. Yet, these athletes are traveling with there teams, standing on the side(injured) with coaches. I also understand there are a lot of teams that would abuse this and have higher level athletes fill in. I just don't think its fair to the "TRUE" injured that are being affected by this. I know they can fill in for another athlete if injured or if someone quits etc. This is just sad and tends to make a lot of teammates scared for there spots.
    My question is, why isn't this taken into consideration, why is there not a clause or something on the applications for comps.? Any input,muchly appreciated:)

6. AScheer

AScheer Slow your roll, Sparkle. Worlds T-Shirt Designer

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    The last pass is a full in back out? Those have never been legal. Was there a reason behind that or was it a we're the only team in the division so go ahead and throw it type thing?

• Shimmy Shimmy x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. cfwp.cheerleader

cfwp.cheerleader I nugget in the back

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete

Okay, despite being illegal ... that full in back out was beautiful

8. FamUsM0m

FamUsM0m When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    They were exhibition that day. Because it was only a short time after Isiah passed, there was no time to change the routine or fill in. They didn't want to.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. FamUsM0m

FamUsM0m When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Taken from Varsity.com so I didn't make any mistakes.....

Summit Roster Policy- NEW FOR THIS YEAR:
    You MUST compete with the number of athletes that you qualify with. You can compete with less as long as it keeps you in the same division. You will only be able to replace 25% of your roster from the time you received your bid until you compete at The Summit. Example: A team of 20 competes and receives a bids, they can only replace 5 athletes at the time of The Summit competition.

Summit Crossover Policy
    1. Only 5 athletes can crossover from The Cheerleading Worlds to The Summit.
      • Exception: Junior 5 (NOT restricted) will be allowed to have up to 8 crossovers from The Cheerleading Worlds to The Summit.
    2. Athletes can compete on no more than 2 cheer teams at The Summit.
    3. All Level 4.2 athletes may only crossover to levels 2, 3 or 4.
    4. Athletes can only cross up or down a level at The Summit. Level 5 athletes that competed at Cheerleading Worlds can only cross to level 4 & 5 Summit divisions (Excludes Level 4.2).
    5. No crossovers will be allowed to compete on both a cheer and a dance team at The Summit. However a Cheerleading Worlds athlete may compete at the Dance Summit and a Dance Worlds athlete may compete at The Summit.
    6. Reminder that we do not guarantee crossovers at The Summit during the Semi-Finals Round or Finals Round.

10. The bow lady

Shimmys Received:
    This is for crossovers. She was injured and could not compete with her team. Now that she is not injured she will not be allowed to compete with her team, to summit/worlds due to the fact that they received a bid with less people on the floor. How is this fair?

11. luv2cheer92

luv2cheer92 Moderator Staff Member Bracket Winner Video Curator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    I think it's also on the gym, not just the rules/USASF. Yes, the rules do say that you can't have more on the floor than what you competed with when the bid was received as posted above. But it's really up to the gym/coaches on whether or not the injured person gets their spot on the team back, too. There's no way to change the rule so that someone who was injured could be added, because then everyone would say that this athlete was injured and stack the team with higher level athletes. That's what the rule is trying to prevent. Life's not always fair, but you have to play by the rules.
    Some teams will go for a new bid for this reason so they can have a new number of people to work with. Though this is much easier for Worlds teams then Summit because of the number of bids available.

12. retiredl5cheer

retiredl5cheer Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    That would be way too hard to monitor, and everyone would be "injured" if they allowed some type of injury clause. What a gym can do is put an athlete on the floor to fill the injured athlete's spot and reserve a place on the team for them. I've heard of gyms that have had an additional athlete stand behind stunts just to hold a roster spot for an injured athlete.

• Shimmy Shimmy x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. cfwp.cheerleader

cfwp.cheerleader I nugget in the back

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    This is really unfortunate - I would think it would be the responsibility of the coaches to know this rule, and like @retiredl5cheer said, have someone place hold for her on the team- until she is able to compete. - I'd hate to assume worst-case-scenario but it looks like either 1. Her coaches were not aware of the rule, or 2. The coaches were aware of the rule, but for what ever reason - felt it was unnecessary to hold a spot for her.
    Hopefully her team has another chance to win a bid with the correct # of athletes.

14. The bow lady

Shimmys Received:
    "Thank you"for your input. Just annoying, for I read the rules and assumed that is what they meant. Didn't want to voice my opinion too much. I guess this should have been the one time, I opened my mouth. lol

15. WinstonsGirl

WinstonsGirl I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach / Athlete

I'd put this on the coaches. I've been in this situation numerous times in the past. At some competitions, our coach has nuggeted on the floor, or an alternate athlete filled in (even as a nugget) just to ensure there were 24 on the floor so that the athlete could compete at Worlds once they were healed. We even had a coach nugget for a bid one year so that we had the option of added athletes if we gained any, since we only had 22 at the time. It gave us the option of adding and extra person or 2 if they were needed, or someone new moved to the city. But in my mind, coaches should know this rule and be prepared for it.

• Shimmy Shimmy x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List