Random Cheerleading Questions

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by Nikaa, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Nikaa

Nikaa Slow your roll, Sparkle. Bracket Winner

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan
    Does anyone know when I can find Courtneys froozen moments blog? I remember reading only part 1 about Molly bubble at worlds.

2. Ashley

Ashley Administrator Staff Member National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
  3. xshannerzx

xshannerzx Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Referring to the Varsity All Star Scoring Grid, how exactly does scoring the "majority" (50%+1) work for a team with 15 girls with 1 who can't do anything but motion type things (no tumbling or stunting)?? Would that mean the majority would normally be 8, but because she isn't doing those things, it would have to be 9?? And how does "the majority" work for stunting??

I know the "majority" is still the lowest way to get points when compared to "most" (75%), and "maximum" (100%), but I don't really understand how they do "majority" in able to figure out "most" and "maximum"... specially when it comes to stunting!

4. Ashley

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    If there's 16 girls on the mat, regardless of what one girl can or can't do (I'm going to assume she's injured?) then I would think it's 9.

For stunts with 16 people you could do 4 stunts, but you can only do 3 if that girl can't stunt. I don't think you would get scored in the maximum range if you have 16 people on the mat and you're only doing 3 stunts.

5. xshannerzx

xshannerzx Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Sorry I should have explained it a little better... we have 15 but 1 girl can't do anything, which makes it 14. So does the same reasoning still apply?? =)

6. chyeeaaa69

chyeeaaa69 The Beygency. . best GIFs/Memes

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    My guess is 15 people on the floor, you're judged as majority/most/maximum at 15 people.

7. Ashley

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Ok, so I think it's still doesn't matter that she can or can't participate in anything. Half plus one is 8 and the maximum number of groups you could put up is 3.

8. retiredl5cheer

retiredl5cheer Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    It's done by number team members, not number of team members with skill. You need to be hitting the magic number 8 (15/2 + 1 rounded up to be sure). I don't know whether judges round up or down, so I always round up.

9. xshannerzx

xshannerzx Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    So half numbers aren't taken into consideration? Technically 15 people/2 =7.5 then I would think + 1 would be 8.5 which would round to 9? This sounds so silly, but I mean it really does make a difference with that "one" extra person ya know?

10. retiredl5cheer

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Reasons I am not a math teacher. I meant 9. Sorry for the confusion.

I was in the same situation for a while with 11 athletes. We made sure to have 7 BWOs in the routine, etc.

11. xshannerzx

xshannerzx Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Haha no problem! Just making sure I have all of my bases covered!

This past weekend at competition our score sheet said to add more tosses to score a higher range (level 2 - we have 3 straight rides, and 3 barrel rolls) - so to max out, I would need 3 more, which equals 9?? I'm just very confused, and this is the first competition it was brought to our attention (which kind of sucks, but I guess I should have known!)

The stunting part is where I am confused the most though, because I didn't know if it went by flyers only? Or everyone? Tumbling I understand. But I don't really understand how to "max out" the stunting and how the numbers work.

12. retiredl5cheer

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Check the guideline grid for your competitions scoresheets. That will usually tell you how many stunts you need to max for your amount of athletes.

Honestly, it sounds like you need someone to walk you through the scoresheets. Not knowing how to properly hit them will make winning next to impossible.

ETA: it's not hard to figure out when you know where to look. PM me with your competition schedule and I'll do my best to help.

13. DaniV

DaniV There are Cheeropedia articles about me!

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    danivav
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach

For some of the higher level's to max out tosses on the Varsity score sheet is one squad toss for the team plus 3 more baskets or something like that. I took this same principle and applied it to my Junior level 2. I have 14 kids so I threw 3 baskets with barrell roll during the basket toss section and then put two more in my opening. One comp told me to add more to max out but every other comp I've maxed out. For level 2, I have never maxed out with what the Varsity score sheet states - "full squad tosses with front spots". I have always had to add a couple more throughout the routine to get max points even though it is stated that I shouldn't have too.

14. Hannahbanana418

Hannahbanana418 I shimmy daily

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    hannahbanana418
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Does anyone know what level California Allstars Bluettes is?

15. 4D3CHEER!

4D3CHEER! Slow your roll, Sparkle. Bracket Winner

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    156stars
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan
    Small Senior 2 (Livermore gym)