All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That's a good advice thank you! Do you think it's dangerous to stunt with those plastics in the nose?

Dangerous to practice in no but you shouldn't change any jewelry for 6-10 weeks after you get it pierced. And ideally you should go 6 months before you use jewelry that isn't surgical steel.

So don't get it pierced until comp season is over so it can heal before you have to put a retainer in next season. I kept a retainer in all comp day (glass is preferred to acrylic) and I would take it out when we went to the warmup room and put it back in right when I got it off (I had an alternate hold it).

How did we just handle these things without smartphones?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
A lot of just showing up and figuring out that things have changed :confused: There were many soccer games I got dropped off at just to find out it was cancelled. All I could do was sit there until my mom came back from picking my sister up.
People took more responsibility ;) - I remember my mom would write out a calendar that we would put in our laundry room indicating all our obligations for the month, practice times, meeting times, competition dates....
Now that information is available almost instantly via group chat- people don't plan nearly as efficiently IMO.
I've definitely seen parents this season not read everything since there are so many updates available. They turn around and blame anyone they can except themselves and their poor planning/skimming info.

How did we just handle these things without smartphones?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

If you have access to a computer you can set up a private Facebook group for the team and then have parents join it. You can post relevant information there like it is your builtin board and then use messenger for team chat/messages. We use GroupMe as well but as I am typing this I can see the benefits facebook's platform might provide.

I would like to ask for you guys' opninion.

What would you do at a competition where you in my place (coach). Me and my co-coach are kind of in a dilemma. We're a European team, so no US scoring systems, we work with ICU rules

We have 4 stuntteams, and 2 versions of our elite stunt. One easier version, that all 4 teams hit every time. And one more difficult version, with an added full up, that one team hits every time, 2 teams hit 4 out of 5, not hitting is influenced by stress, and one time that doesn't hit enough.

We now are debating whether we should do the more difficult version with 3/4 teams at nationals and take the risk, or be safe, hit the stunts, and not have the added difficulty.

We would go for the easy stunt, but we've come second in the last 4 years and would love to go for that first place. That's what makes it difficult.

I thought the need for a 'trials' round for international divisions at worlds was based on the number of teams entering, but there are 14 teams in the Canadian trials for International Open 5 and 18 Canadian teams straight through to semi-finals in International Open Small Coed 5 without trials. How do they determine if a trials round is needed or not?

I thought the need for a 'trials' round for international divisions at worlds was based on the number of teams entering, but there are 14 teams in the Canadian trials for International Open 5 and 18 Canadian teams straight through to semi-finals in International Open Small Coed 5 without trials. How do they determine if a trials round is needed or not?

I think it is based on previous years. Meaning last year there were less than 10 teams in International Open Small Coed 5... however this year the division has grown past 10 canadian teams, so next year they will need a Canadian Trial Round.

Okay that might be a very random question but I always wonder why everyone in the U.S. seems to stunt in sports bras.. me and my german team think it's super disgusting, especially at catching as a back with a really sweaty flyer lol

Okay that might be a very random question but I always wonder why everyone in the U.S. seems to stunt in sports bras.. me and my german team think it's super disgusting, especially at catching as a back with a really sweaty flyer lol

It's often too hot in the gym to stunt in shirts/tanks. I also find them slippery with throwing stunts such as rewinds, so most of my flyers tuck them up under their bras anyway.

I would like to ask for you guys' opninion.

What would you do at a competition where you in my place (coach). Me and my co-coach are kind of in a dilemma. We're a European team, so no US scoring systems, we work with ICU rules

We have 4 stuntteams, and 2 versions of our elite stunt. One easier version, that all 4 teams hit every time. And one more difficult version, with an added full up, that one team hits every time, 2 teams hit 4 out of 5, not hitting is influenced by stress, and one time that doesn't hit enough.

We now are debating whether we should do the more difficult version with 3/4 teams at nationals and take the risk, or be safe, hit the stunts, and not have the added difficulty.

We would go for the easy stunt, but we've come second in the last 4 years and would love to go for that first place. That's what makes it difficult.
Go with the cleanest. 100%, no contest. Hit your routine.

Go with the cleanest. 100%, no contest. Hit your routine.
Thank you! One more question, would you let the team that will definitely hit do the difficult version, or rather same sequence for the entire team?

Thank you! One more question, would you let the team that will definitely hit do the difficult version, or rather same sequence for the entire team?

I would do the hardest version because you gotta risk it for the biscuit. But if you don't want to...I would let one stunt that hit do it in difficult version

So CP was watching a video of Brandon Black from 2015 and there's a stunt sequence where the bases switch between stunts (just the one next to them). It looks cool but I don't know if it's noticeable unless you're looking for it. Does it add difficulty or what would be the reasoning for switching like that?

So CP was watching a video of Brandon Black from 2015 and there's a stunt sequence where the bases switch between stunts (just the one next to them). It looks cool but I don't know if it's noticeable unless you're looking for it. Does it add difficulty or what would be the reasoning for switching like that?
I know senior elite had it too at one point, but took it outs cause it wasn't scoring for how difficult it was.. so I'm assuming it might not add difficulty, but maybe overall impression?

Back