All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have a question, when your athletes are in warm ups before competing do you tell them how their competitors have done? For example 'everyone has hit so far so you have to too' or 'teams are having issues so this is your title to lose'?

I can see advantages and disadvantages to both, so just wanting to know what others do.

Thanks!
CP has told me that her coaches make them not watch the teams before them. To actually turn around so they can just go out and do their own thing without worrying. They do see them practicing though so they know how they kind of look..

I have a question, when your athletes are in warm ups before competing do you tell them how their competitors have done? For example 'everyone has hit so far so you have to too' or 'teams are having issues so this is your title to lose'?

I can see advantages and disadvantages to both, so just wanting to know what others do.

Thanks!

No, absolutely not. They're there to do their job regardless of everyone else. I try to have them not look at other teams even in warm ups, even though it's harder to stay away from.

Thanks!
I can't even think of how they would know unless someone else told them. If the coaches are with their team throughout pre-warm ups and warm ups they shouldn't be able to see the other teams go. Either way I don't think that is something a coach should do.

Thanks!

Nope, best not to say anything and take focus from what they are there to do.

Also, with so many variables a hit routine doesn't equate to a good score or winning score if the difficulty isn't there. The reverse is also true. Have enough difficulty and you might be able to make a few mistakes and still win.

At your program where are side bases to hold in extended one legged stunts? Currently I tell my sides to set for the stunt with their front hand on the flyer's shin and back hand to be in the middle of the flyers right foot, after the dip the back hand stays put and the top hand guides/throws the shin up and at the top of the stunt it goes on top of the right shoe (where the shoelaces are) and pulls up/stabilizes. I have seen different variations this season, and now I'm curious because my kids really struggle with extended one legged stunts.

At your program where are side bases to hold in extended one legged stunts? Currently I tell my sides to set for the stunt with their front hand on the flyer's shin and back hand to be in the middle of the flyers right foot, after the dip the back hand stays put and the top hand guides/throws the shin up and at the top of the stunt it goes on top of the right shoe (where the shoelaces are) and pulls up/stabilizes. I have seen different variations this season, and now I'm curious because my kids really struggle with extended one legged stunts.
I've always taught back hand on the center of the foot, front hand on the main base's wrist. I don't like "sandwiching" because I think sometimes it causes the secondary base to roll the flyer's foot in.

ETA: As a secondary base, I've also held under the main base's front hand. Depends on what the main base prefers and whether that makes him/her uncomfortable.

When I was basing, I had my main hand (right) under the flyer's foot and either held the wrist of the main base or put my hand under the flyer's foot in front of my main hand if there was room for more support. As a flyer, I liked the second one because I'm the queen of rolling my foot/ankle in and have thin feet so if my bases death gripped my foot, I felt more comfortable

Question. So with the new XS division, all teams in it for 2017-2018 won't really have an end of the year competition, correct? They can't attend worlds and I haven't heard of them being eligible for summit.

This isn't a question, but I didn't want to make a new thread and I didn't know where else to put it lol. :p

But basically today I got a call saying we've got two girls with out concussions so we'll have to bump our j3 up to a s3 for jamfest this saturday, because we don't have any juniors who can take the spots and I'd be one of the fill ins (obviously I was allowed to say no but I really love getting the opportunity). So I jumped into the car and got there with 30 minutes left of their practice, learned all the stunts, pyramid and counts. This while basing on my "wrong" side, as a side base, which I've pretty much never ever done in my entire cheer career, and basing level 3 stunts. Which I also haven't done more than a few play practices in the summer, since I'm on a s2. Also while being sick and my asthma being messed up.

So tomorrow we have showcase and this Saturday I'm crossing between s2 and s3, with 30 min practice and a showcase under my belt. Y'all, pray for me please! :help:

is cheerlibrary shut down cause everytime I try to enter the site, it says it currently can't handle the request?

I just want to know what is the purpose of the people sitting at the corner edge of the mat on the folding chairs? Are they judges and/or judging something? If so what are they judging? TIA

I just want to know what is the purpose of the people sitting at the corner edge of the mat on the folding chairs? Are they judges and/or judging something? If so what are they judging? TIA
Out-of-bounds.

Does anyone find it weird that Omni Cheer used a picture of my team on the front page of their website in head to toe Omni which is basically an advertisement?
Had I know they were going to do that I could have picked a better picture! lol
Well I haven't seen the picture, but a quick visit to the website shows that they're running some sort of contest and using hashtags. My initial thought is that if you entered a contest or used their hashtag anywhere on social media, they are at liberty to use the picture. If you didn't use the hashtag or enter the contest, one of your kids or parents could of.

They may be struggling because the side base is sinking the stunt. By having her hand on top of the shoe, two things are happening... 1) no person in the world could possibly help pull up weight by holding onto the top of a girls shoe. 2) usually the side is the shorter of the pair. In order to reach the top of the shoe with her left hand, she is typically bending her right elbow in order to reach the top, therefore pulling the whole stunt down and making it heavier and harder to hold. I teach to put the left hand on the side of the shoe. There is always a little open pocket on the shoe where her right hand is holding. I have them put their left thumb in that pocket under the shoe and their left fingers squeeze the side of the foot. Now they have fingers on both sides of the shoe and they can control if the foot is rolling side to side.

I'm not sure if I should start a thread but I've never done it so I'd rather leave that to somebody else. Has anybody seen the new division ages? CU uploaded a picture.

A 5 year old to be eligible for a Junior 5 team is honestly so scary. Little suzies crazy cheer mom will start expecting fulls by age 6! I can't imagine how 5 year olds being on a junior team can benefit either the older or younger kids. Little 5 year old bodies should not be on junior teams.

Not saying there will be 5 year olds on junior 5 teams, but with the opportunity, I'm nervous some parents will take this and run with it. I just don't think a 5 year old should have the ability to be a junior for almost ten years. Any thoughts? I'm genuinely curious.

Back