All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm curious about the thoughts of high school cheer coachs. I recently went to my nieces volleyball away game. The hosting school had their cheerleaders cheer for the varsity game. This is the second year we've played them and second year they cheered. Most of the schools we play against have cheerleaders but they never cheer at the volleyball games. So it's new to the our fans and our girls.

So do you allow your team to cheer at volleyball games? If so where do they stand? Do you get any criticism from your fans? Do you tell your athletes the rules of the game/not to get involved in a ball in play?

I could tell our team/girls were getting annoyed as well as our fans. The cheerleaders were on the side of their volleyball team so it never hurt our girls. But I felt bad for their volleyball team since they were in the way most of the time. And actually had to be told several times not to get the ball while it was in play. Now it's great they they want to cheer for their schools sports teams. but I feel if they had been somewhere else out of the way it would have been fine. Anyway just curious on your thoughts. Thx

ETA: I didn't want to make a new thread in the HS forum. So sorry

I'm curious about the thoughts of high school cheer coachs. I recently went to my nieces volleyball away game. The hosting school had their cheerleaders cheer for the varsity game. This is the second year we've played them and second year they cheered. Most of the schools we play against have cheerleaders but they never cheer at the volleyball games. So it's new to the our fans and our girls.

So do you allow your team to cheer at volleyball games? If so where do they stand? Do you get any criticism from your fans? Do you tell your athletes the rules of the game/not to get involved in a ball in play?

I could tell our team/girls were getting annoyed as well as our fans. The cheerleaders were on the side of their volleyball team so it never hurt our girls. But I felt bad for their volleyball team since they were in the way most of the time. And actually had to be told several times not to get the ball while it was in play. Now it's great they they want to cheer for their schools sports teams. but I feel if they had been somewhere else out of the way it would have been fine. Anyway just curious on your thoughts. Thx

Cheerleaders r not at volleyball games here.

Cheer doesn’t even do basketball any longer at cp’s HS. Not enough room for them, they were blocking fans from watching and players were constantly running into them. It was deemed unsafe.

@TealShades

We cheered for volleyball in 8th and 9th grade (both grades were in the junior high at the time). We were educated on the rules of the game but we still messed up and the players/fans would get annoyed. We stood next to the bleachers in a corner where there was a gap (probably 15-20 feet or so) between the bleachers and the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This might be posted elsewhere but today I tried to access the rule book for each level and to my surprise USASF took it down... does anyone have a saved version they could send me? It seems only coaches have access to it now.

This might be posted elsewhere but today I tried to access the rule book for each level and to my surprise USASF took it down... does anyone have a saved version they could send me? It seems only coaches have access to it now.
Are from the U.S? Because if you are not you can ask a copy to IASF.

If you find, send it to me too lol

I have a copy that I saved in September, Says "2017-2019 USASF Safety Rules January 26th, 2017. I don't know how to attach it here but if you send me your email address I will send it to you.

We really should be outraged about the lack of access to the rules and scores. It blows my mind that a sport can operate like this.

Absolutely insane.
rs_495x226-131003121723-tumblr_inline_mhx5pnaUUT1qz4rgp.jpg

Back