All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well as the old saying goes "The higher the hair the closer to the USASF's inner circle you are". Probably explains some of the mega teased cheer hair going around, they are insiders into Varsity's master plan for cheer world domination.

Jacked to Varsity just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know why most comps only accept cash for entry fees?
I believe because the credit card system is registered to the venue in most cases. So the fees would also be charged to the venue, not the event coordinator. They could always use the square app, but they'd still have to pay fees. They make more money by only accepting cash.

Ok, I was just checking out some of the results of the competitions so far and I am a little concerned that by what I saw. My concern is that there were A LOT of divisions with only ONE team in them. Is is that there were other teams and they may have pulled out at the last minute or you just show up knowing you are the only team in that division? If it's the latter, I don't think you should be eligible to get a bid at that competition and/or the EP should maybe transfer your registration to another one of their competitions IDK maybe I am just competitive but this momma only count the competitions where they actually compete against somebody else JS What do you think?

Ok, I was just checking out some of the results of the competitions so far and I am a little concerned that by what I saw. My concern is that there were A LOT of divisions with only ONE team in them. Is is that there were other teams and they may have pulled out at the last minute or you just show up knowing you are the only team in that division? If it's the latter, I don't think you should be eligible to get a bid at that competition and/or the EP should maybe transfer your registration to another one of their competitions IDK maybe I am just competitive but this momma only count the competitions where they actually compete against somebody else JS What do you think?
Typically the latter. Gyms usually take their entire program to competitions, so regardless of whether a team is competing against anyone or not, they'll still go. It's definitely pretty common, although not desirable. Regardless, I don't believe the teams should be penalized for a lack of attendance at that event. Typically the "big" bids, AKA Summit and Worlds bids, are determined by score, not winning a division. If that lone team won their division with an amazing score, they deserve a bid, regardless of whether they competed against anyone directly.

CP is at a small gym and so far we have attended small local comps. I've noticed the same thing about there being several teams at each comp that don't compete against other teams. IMO it makes the comp far less interesting and fun, even as a spectator. For example, if I know that a team doesn't have a competitor, I am more likely to get out of my seat and wander around. If you don't have another team to be compared to, then it is no longer a competition. It is a performance. I don't know if these gyms attend the bigger Summit comps later in the season and use the smaller venues as practice. But they have definitely raked in the Gold bids to Finals.

My team last year only competed against other teams at one competition out of 6. Our goal for those comps was grand champs, which was not an easy feat. Now our division isn't a Summit or Worlds division so we didn't have to worry about that. But while winning your division may be one of the criteria to win a bid, it's not the only thing. You must also win out over the other division winners in your level, which there is often several other teams you would need to beat out to win that bid. So "winning" your division is only one part of the competition.

Does anyone know why most comps only accept cash for entry fees?

There are a LOT of comps near me in Canada that only take cash, and as an American I either have to get Canadian money to pay, or have to pay way extra since they don't do any kind of exchange rate. For example, last comp cost $10 to get in. I only have US cash, so I paid with a $20 and got a $10 in Canadian back. So, basically, I paid $12.50 to attend a comp I had to drive twice as far as most people to get to... Not sure the full reason behind it, but I'm not a fan of cast only events.....

There are a LOT of comps near me in Canada that only take cash, and as an American I either have to get Canadian money to pay, or have to pay way extra since they don't do any kind of exchange rate. For example, last comp cost $10 to get in. I only have US cash, so I paid with a $20 and got a $10 in Canadian back. So, basically, I paid $12.50 to attend a comp I had to drive twice as far as most people to get to... Not sure the full reason behind it, but I'm not a fan of cast only events.....

I have never been to a comp that cost $10 as a spectator and we go to some itty bitty comps. Even comps held in a high school gym are at least $15.

I have never been to a comp that cost $10 as a spectator and we go to some itty bitty comps. Even comps held in a high school gym are at least $15.

This is a super tiny one as well. I think there were maybe 10 gyms there, if that. When I mentioned that I was paying more the women tried to tell me I was getting such a good deal. Which sure, it may not cost as much as other comps. But I'm still paying more than everyone there making it anything BUT a deal!

Back