All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yes, absolutely. We are super lucky to have so many choices. There are a few gyms within 15 minutes of ours that we will rarely see at any comps over the course of the season. I suspect that regional differences are affecting the way my post is being interpreted.

Thank you for pointing out that other area's do not have the same luxury.
And sometimes it doesn’t matter what competition you go to locally- there are some divisions that just don’t have a lot of teams. Youth 4, 5 and Jr 5R and Jr5 are the few that come to mind. If your child is on one of those teams as a parent you just know and accept that there just aren’t that many teams and the chances of having a 3-4 competitors at local competitions is high unlikely. So the athletes use those competitions to score wildcard bids to summit, get competition experience and hear judges feedback.

This might've been answered before, but I'm struggling right now. So a long time ago USASF used to be in charge of the live stream for worlds, and there used to be a video on demand section where you could watch videos of teams from I believe 2008 to present. Since Varsity/FloCheer took over those videos seemed to have disappeared.
Also, you used to be able to go on Varsity.com, go to competitions, then the video tab, and look at videos from Summit and UCA, those have also disappeared. So all videos prior to 2015 appear to be gone. Anyone know if they deleted them or if theres any way people can still access these? They're important memories...

First, Happy New Year Everyone! Second, ok my CP and I were looking over the SOH schedule to see how much "spectator" time we may have to see some her faves and I noticed a division that I have not noticed before. It was an INTERNATIONAL "Junior" division. Is this a new division? Because I thought there were only INTERNATIONAL "senior" divisions with an 18+ age allowance correct? And if this is correct, an 18yo can be a "junior" on an "INTERNATIONAL " Junior team? Can someone explain please, any information would help this curious 2nd year cheer mom about the INTERNATIONAL "Junior" division listed on the schedule. TIA

First, Happy New Year Everyone! Second, ok my CP and I were looking over the SOH schedule to see how much "spectator" time we may have to see some her faves and I noticed a division that I have not noticed before. It was an INTERNATIONAL "Junior" division. Is this a new division? Because I thought there were only INTERNATIONAL "senior" divisions with an 18+ age allowance correct? And if this is correct, an 18yo can be a "junior" on an "INTERNATIONAL " Junior team? Can someone explain please, any information would help this curious 2nd year cheer mom about the INTERNATIONAL "Junior" division listed on the schedule. TIA
It is a new iasf division and is a provisional division this year. It might/might not come back next year. it is a junior div. So there wont be any 18 y/olds on the team.
Instead the age range is 5-14 as most international teams cant make teams within the usasf ranges with the fact that cheer is still zo small almost everywhere but the US,Canada,Germany,England etc

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a UOTE="Natalia5, post: 1189979, member: 46060"]First, Happy New Year Everyone! Second, ok my CP and I were looking over the SOH schedule to see how much "spectator" time we may have to see some her faves and I noticed a division that I have not noticed before. It was an INTERNATIONAL "Junior" division. Is this a new division? Because I thought there were only INTERNATIONAL "senior" divisions with an 18+ age allowance correct? And if this is correct, an 18yo can be a "junior" on an "INTERNATIONAL " Junior team? Can someone explain please, any information would help this curious 2nd year cheer mom about the INTERNATIONAL "Junior" division listed on the schedule. TIA
It is a new iasf division and is a provisional division this year. It might/might not come back next year. it is a junior div. So there wont be any 18 y/olds on the team.
Instead the age range is 5-14 as most international teams cant make teams within the usasf ranges with the fact that cheer is still zo small almost everywhere but the US,Canada,Germany,England etc[/QUOTE]

Got it! and I think 5yo is too young to mix with that wide of an age range JS. Kindergarten and middle school conversations are apples and oranges. SMH

Instead the age range is 5-14 as most international teams cant make teams within the usasf ranges with the fact that cheer is still zo small almost everywhere but the US,Canada,Germany,England etc

Got it! and I think 5yo is too young to mix with that wide of an age range JS. Kindergarten and middle school conversations are apples and oranges. SMH[/QUOTE]

Here jr div ranges from 11-16 but basically in the iasf version its 14 and under like usasf had in previous seasons. I highly doubt that any gymowner/coach would put a 5 y/old with 2nd year high schoolers (depending on the schoolsystem used in the country)

Last edited:
Asking for friend, her CP is at a D2 gym. Their season ends after NCA nationals. They are not going to summit. Does she need a worlds release to look at joining a worlds team since her season will be completely over before worlds? I think she will, but double checking.

Asking for friend, her CP is at a D2 gym. Their season ends after NCA nationals. They are not going to summit. Does she need a worlds release to look at joining a worlds team since her season will be completely over before worlds? I think she will, but double checking.
Yes. If they have competed after Nov 1, 2017 you have to have a release to compete at Worlds for a different gym.

You are correct.
This is what i found at usasf.net

USASF GYM RELEASE WAIVER 2017
Eligible Athletes, Substitutions and Alternates
All athletes participating on a team at The 2017 Worlds must be a registered member of that team’s gym during the 2016-2017 competition season. Any athlete that has competed on the floor with a team in any level from a gym (Primary Gym), during the Worlds competition season (November 1, 2016 – May 1, 2017), will have to have a USASF Gym Release Waiver signed by the owner of that gym (Primary Gym) before that athlete is eligible to compete with another gym (Secondary Gym) at The 2017 Cheerleading Worlds. The USASF Gym Release Waiver is located on the US All Star Federation: Home website.

Levels.

Divisions are Small, Large, Coed, etc.

Ex: Lady Jags is a Medium All Girl 5.

Division: Med AG
Level: 5

Or CEA Spotlight is a Large Senior 4.2

Division. Large Senior
Level: 4.2
thanks!! I was having a tiny debate with a couple of my teammates at warm-ups this weekend

Levels.

Divisions are Small, Large, Coed, etc.

Ex: Lady Jags is a Medium All Girl 5.

Division: Med AG
Level: 5

Or CEA Spotlight is a Large Senior 4.2

Division. Large Senior
Level: 4.2
That leads me to another question- for nca and cheersport the summit bid declaration states all eligible division winners receive an at large bid. So if a team wins junior 4 medium that doesn’t necessarily mean they get a bid? They must get the highest junior medium score (regardless of level)? I thought it meant all winners got a bid bid now thinking I misunderstood?

Back