All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is this year the new rules year or is that next year? Is it possible to see the rules anymore without being a coach?

Is this year the new rules year or is that next year? Is it possible to see the rules anymore without being a coach?
It is next year though a few changes were made in standing tumbling (not sure if there were others). And nope, only coaches can see them.

It is next year though a few changes were made in standing tumbling (not sure if there were others). And nope, only coaches can see them.
I can see them on CP's USASF profile. And if you google USASF cheer rules Cheer Evolution has them. Are there additional rules that coaches see?

I can see them on CP's USASF profile. And if you google USASF cheer rules Cheer Evolution has them. Are there additional rules that coaches see?
Sorry, I was thinking the new ones, unless those got added too. I dont have an active account anymore so I can't see that. You're right you can see the current ones if you are a member. But I find it really stupid that the general public can't see them.

Sorry, I was thinking the new ones, unless those got added too. I dont have an active account anymore so I can't see that. You're right you can see the current ones if you are a member. But I find it really stupid that the general public can't see them.

The website says because they were "used, and sometimes modified, by companies and individuals who did not go through the training that would allow them to understand, interpret and implement the intent of each guideline." Because of course if the rules aren't public, these companies and individuals can't continue to misinterpret and misuse them and put athletes at risk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'm wondering off this is a loophole that will be closed next year. The exact same team competing in 2 different divisions? I would think that the EP would want different teams in those slots because more kids = more $. Both in terms of registration but also for Disney i.e. hotel, food, park costs etc.
It sounds ridiculous but looks even more ludicrous when it's in print - but yes this seems to not only be allowed but encouraged!

The website says because they were "used, and sometimes modified, by companies and individuals who did not go through the training that would allow them to understand, interpret and implement the intent of each guideline." Because of course if the rules aren't public, these companies and individuals can't continue to misinterpret and misuse them and put athletes at risk.

Lol, of course.

I'm wondering off this is a loophole that will be closed next year. The exact same team competing in 2 different divisions? I would think that the EP would want different teams in those slots because more kids = more $. Both in terms of registration but also for Disney i.e. hotel, food, park costs etc.

I think the IASF rules will apply next year (they aren't being upheld this year), so teams will have a tighter size range and age range.

But I also think gyms aren't thinking this through. As a parent, I would be ticked to have to show up 2 days earlier, especially since it is the end of the school year and kids have finals coming up. Summit is already a week later than it used to be. Also, there will be crossover issues.

Ok, I have a few random questions so here goes: 1) What is the U.S. Finals? 2) Is it only Summit Level teams? 3) Why does it seem to be a big deal? Not being snarky, but my timeline is being flooded with not only "We got Summit Bids" but "We are going to the U.S. Finals" with team party pics celebrating the U.S. Finals. So, if anyone can fill me in that would be great. TIA
*DISCLAIMNER* I do not have a problem with seeing the kudos it's just I am seeing more or the U.S. Final congrats and I am not quite clear what it is, etc. KWIM

Ok, I have a few random questions so here goes: 1) What is the U.S. Finals? 2) Is it only Summit Level teams? 3) Why does it seem to be a big deal? Not being snarky, but my timeline is being flooded with not only "We got Summit Bids" but "We are going to the U.S. Finals" with team party pics celebrating the U.S. Finals. So, if anyone can fill me in that would be great. TIA
*DISCLAIMNER* I do not have a problem with seeing the kudos it's just I am seeing more or the U.S. Final congrats and I am not quite clear what it is, etc. KWIM

Are they just saying 'we are going to US Finals" Or are they celebrating a Gold bid?

US Finals is the end of the season comp for a lot of teams. IIRC, it was the big one for lower level teams before Summit/D2 started. Years ago you had to qualify to attend US Finals, then they changed it to 'you have to attend a qualifying comp' which meant that anyone could attend. Now they've changed it back to 'you must qualify to attend by wining 1-3 at a qualifying event.' A Gold Bid is a paid bid to US Finals.

I am aware of teams that have yet to qualify for US Finals so it's not quite the gimme it used to be, and CP's team celebrated their Gold Bid, but I have not seen anyone bragging about just attending US
Finals.

Are they just saying 'we are going to US Finals" Or are they celebrating a Gold bid?

US Finals is the end of the season comp for a lot of teams. IIRC, it was the big one for lower level teams before Summit/D2 started. Years ago you had to qualify to attend US Finals, then they changed it to 'you have to attend a qualifying comp' which meant that anyone could attend. Now they've changed it back to 'you must qualify to attend by wining 1-3 at a qualifying event.' A Gold Bid is a paid bid to US Finals.

I am aware of teams that have yet to qualify for US Finals so it's not quite the gimme it used to be, and CP's team celebrated their Gold Bid, but I have not seen anyone bragging about just attending US
Finals.

Thank you for explaining this to me. And yes, I have seen both we are "going" and celebrating paid bids to the U.S. Finals either way kudos are in order :cheering: but one more question: What is IIRC? And please forgive me if it is an acronym that I should already know I just found out what DM mean about 6 months ago. :help:

Thank you for explaining this to me. And yes, I have seen both we are "going" and celebrating paid bids to the U.S. Finals either way kudos are in order :cheering: but one more question: What is IIRC? And please forgive me if it is an acronym that I should already know I just found out what DM mean about 6 months ago. :help:
If I Recall Corectly-IIRC

Finals.
Did not know about the new rule of finishing 1-3 to qualify, but to me the big draw of US Finals is that mini, tiny, and prep teams can attend, and it is in multiple locations.

Back