All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You can compete in both.
but that counts as those athletes 2 teams, correct? So lets say a gym's J3 is competing in D1 J3 and INTL J3, those athletes couldn't also be on a J4 at summit, correct? Looks like this is going to be a big problem for NW teams, many teams here have d1 and intl bids for one team while also having crossovers...

but that counts as those athletes 2 teams, correct? So lets say a gym's J3 is competing in D1 J3 and INTL J3, those athletes couldn't also be on a J4 at summit, correct? Looks like this is going to be a big problem for NW teams, many teams here have d1 and intl bids for one team while also having crossovers...
Yes, this is the part I think some gyms haven't thought through. I know a girl on a team who is doing both Intl and D1, but also cross competes to another team with a D1 bid.

Can someone explain the XS issue? Not exactly sure how it works. You can start the season and earn a bid in another division but go XS later on?

Can someone explain the XS issue? Not exactly sure how it works. You can start the season and earn a bid in another division but go XS later on?
There are a couple teams that have 14 or less members, making them XS, but there are more than one Worlds team in their program. So they compete XS all season, but will then have to compete small at Worlds. .

I'm a bit confused about what is bad sportsmanship, can you elaborate?

Just my personal opinion - I guess not bad sportsmanship, but like the Canadian Woman Hockey player removing the Silver during the awards ceremony - I think it's bad form.

I think the intent of the xsmall division was to enable small gyms that may have very few athletes be viable at Worlds and the intent of the International division was to give countries with fledgling programs the opportunity to compete together, without being overwhelmed by US teams.

I get all the arguments for why a gym would work the loopholes and I get why some think it's okay because it doesn't violate the rules, I just think it takes away from the intent.

Frankly I've lost a lot or respect for many programs because of the choices they've made.

Last edited:
And to be clear, my family does not have anyone effected by this at all - CP is not in either scenario, so ultimately it doesn't impact us at all - just doesn't 'feel' right.

Just my personal opinion - I guess not bad sportsmanship, but like the Canadian Woman Hockey player removing the Silver during the awards ceremony - I think it's bad form.

I think the intent of the xsmall division was to enable small gyms that may have very few athletes be viable at Worlds and the intent of the International division was to give countries with fledgling programs the opportunity to compete together, without being overwhelmed by US teams.

I get all the arguments for why a gym would work the loopholes and I get why some think it's okay because it doesn't violate the rules, I just think it takes away from the intent.
Oh okay, I agree with most of this. I do think US teams should be allowed to be international, but right now it seems the majority of international teams are US... kinda defeats the purpose. Here in the PNW its super easy to get an international bid, like... ridiculously easy.

If I'm understanding what you're saying the XS loophole is, competing XS until worlds, I don't feel it's a loophole gyms are exploiting. It's the division EPs put them in automatically.

I don't follow most teams besides those in OK but I thought at least one gym doing this has a XS team and a level 6 team. If a gym has less than 14 senior age level 5 athletes but also has enough 17+ athletes to field a level 6, their S5 team is going to be placed in the XS division, it's not up to them? Because they have a second worlds team they should find enough athletes to make it a small team even if it hurts their execution?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back