All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We do a high straight pony, the front section of hair is french braided from right to left to keep bangs out of the way. Parents are always thrilled when they find out. We allow a bit of teasing in the pony so the have some volume, but nothing like the things I've seen other places

No teasing or poof

I like the simple hairstyle its pretty and unique. But, is it bugging anyone else that some are wearing super dark lipstick, some red and some nude? I don't want strict conformity like you must wear this particular lipstick but I think they should pick a general color and say stay within a few shades of x.

I like the simple hairstyle its pretty and unique. But, is it bugging anyone else that some are wearing super dark lipstick, some red and some nude? I don't want strict conformity like you must wear this particular lipstick but I think they should pick a general color and say stay within a few shades of x.

Maybe the 'nude' is just some girls not actually wearing any lipstick for the photo?

I feel like with a lip that dark - that is uniform mandated & would look sharp if the whole team wore it.

That's my guess....

Maybe the 'nude' is just some girls not actually wearing any lipstick for the photo?

I feel like with a lip that dark - that is uniform mandated & would look sharp if the whole team wore it.

That's my guess....

Agree, pretty sure when they compete it is the darker color and uniformed.

This is off topic but your comment about "a division with at least 3 teams" reminded me . This weekend at awards for the first time ever I heard an announcer say 'and the winner of level xyz, performing with no competition is..."

LOL! that announcer Nailed it. But seriously all jokes aside chasing a bid to Summit creates this issue and ITA with having restrictions on teams that compete against no one else in their division at a competition. I'm sorry but you can have the division win for that comp but you should not be eligible for a bid at that competition because you technically did not compete you just did a showcase. I understand that it is not the gym or EP's fault if no one else showed up but you should not be able to grab a bid at that comp anyway. I also think they should do a away with "upgrading" and move to TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT.

LOL! that announcer Nailed it. But seriously all jokes aside chasing a bid to Summit creates this issue and ITA with having restrictions on teams that compete against no one else in their division at a competition. I'm sorry but you can have the division win for that comp but you should not be eligible for a bid at that competition because you technically did not compete you just did a showcase. I understand that it is not the gym or EP's fault if no one else showed up but you should not be able to grab a bid at that comp anyway. I also think they should do a away with "upgrading" and move to TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT.
Why wouldn’t that team be eligible for a bid? They are scored and their scores would be compared against all teams in that level. For bids, it shouldn’t matter that there was no competition. The only exception would be NCA and Cheersport— since division winners get at large. Were there any teams at either comp with no competition? I don’t recall seeing any.

It shouldn't matter if u r the only team in your division, (except 1/2 certain comps). You are still in a pool of teams at that comp for a bid....

Why wouldn’t that team be eligible for a bid? They are scored and their scores would be compared against all teams in that level. For bids, it shouldn’t matter that there was no competition. The only exception would be NCA and Cheersport— since division winners get at large. Were there any teams at either comp with no competition? I don’t recall seeing any.

So, just to be sure I understand the "Level" we are talking about skill Level be it 1-6 right? If so Senior 3 for example is compared to Youth 3? I thought the bids were awarded like a Youth, a Junior, a Senior one etc. or is it just another EP decision situation?

It shouldn't matter if u r the only team in your division, (except 1/2 certain comps). You are still in a pool of teams at that comp for a bid....

Now, why I don't think the team should be considered for a bid if they are the only team in a division? How do we know you are the best of that division at any given competition without no one to compare it to? I'm talking strictly apples to apples now. I also think that if this does happen gyms should be able to get a credit and move the registration to another one of the EP's competitions (Not holding my breathe on that one) but, IDK it just doesn't seem right and I could just very well be too competitive and expect to actually compete against somebody else in competitive cheer just seems fair.

So, just to be sure I understand the "Level" we are talking about skill Level be it 1-6 right? If so Senior 3 for example is compared to Youth 3? I thought the bids were awarded like a Youth, a Junior, a Senior one etc. or is it just another EP decision situation?

Now, why I don't think the team should be considered for a bid if they are the only team in a division? How do we know you are the best of that division at any given competition without no one to compare it to? I'm talking strictly apples to apples now. I also think that if this does happen gyms should be able to get a credit and move the registration to another one of the EP's competitions (Not holding my breathe on that one) but, IDK it just doesn't seem right and I could just very well be too competitive and expect to actually compete against somebody else in competitive cheer just seems fair.
Wildcard events and typically paid bids (if comp
is 3 pd/5 at large) are one youth, one junior and one senior. So say a jr5 team is the only one in their division (no other j5 teams) they still have outscore every other junior team levels 1-5R to be awarded the junior bid.

And for at large typically you are competing against your level regardless of age. So a youth 4 team with no competition would still have to outscore all the junior and Sr4 (all girl and coed) to earn the at large.
Not having any competition should have no bearing on bids except at comps like NCA and cheersport and I don’t believe there were any teams that didn’t have competition.

Last edited:

Yes as above. Wildcard bids (1 day events) are awarded to the highest youth, junior, senior. 2 day events with just at-larges are awarded 5 bids one each to the highest in level 1, 2, 3, 4, and 4.2/5/5R are combined, regardless of age. But also, 2 day events that have both at-larges and paids, at larges are done the same but then paids are awarded to the highest youth, junior, senior with 1 each. With NCA, Cheersport, UCA, and Jamfest having some exceptions. Other than those, it is the same across all events. The only deviation you will see is if there are no teams that fit into one of those categories. For example I've seen 2 day at-large bid events award 2 bids to level 3 and none to 4.2/5/5R because there weren't any.

I just saw a tweet that there are 70 small youth 1 teams going to summit? That’s nuts. Level one isn’t a huge level in general.

Last edited:
I just saw a tweet that there are 70 small youth 1 teams going to summit? That’s nuts. Level one isn’t a huge division in general.
And there are only 3 level 5r large senior teams with a bid....and people wonder how burn out happens. Ugh. So not a good system.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I just saw a tweet that there are 70 small youth 1 teams going to summit? That’s nuts. Level one isn’t a huge division in general.
There are several divisions that are HUGE!. For D1, small Youth 1 is the largest, but there are several over 50 teams and small J2 and small J3 are over 60. For D2, there are several over 60, small J3 is over 80, small J2 is over 100 and small Y1 is over 120!
Now this is number of teams that have bids, it's possible that there may be some that end up not going.

ETA: And there are quite a few more bid comps to go (around 40), so these numbers will only go up. In regards to level 1, Youth 1 has always been pretty big, junior and senior not as much.

Back