All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is there a limit to how long a cheerleader's hair must be? Because it looks like the "cheer poof" requires your hair to be down, and if it were, over a certain length, I would imagine that might cause some safety issues.
It seems like majority of cheer hairstyles incorporate a ponytail of some sort. Of course, it all varies by team. I haven’t seen an instance where an athlete’s hair was too long to tumble or stunt...of course I imagine it’s the sort of thing that the athlete figures out on their own the first couple of times their hand lands on their hair and they give themselves whiplash. “Hey, guess I need a haircut!” Lol!

Is there a limit to how long a cheerleader's hair must be? Because it looks like the "cheer poof" requires your hair to be down, and if it were, over a certain length, I would imagine that might cause some safety issues.
No, there's no limit. The "cheer poof" has greatly decreased in popularity over the last couple years (thankfully), but you're able to do it with a ponytail.

I generally know I need a haircut when I start to catch the end of my ponytail under my hands when I tumble. But the teasing gets rid of that problem during competitions

CP has had hair as long as waist length at times. We just Braid it for practice, and as mentioned, when it is curled and pulled into a high pony, it is not an issue-although I have to say Shoulder length is much easier to manage, and I kind of look at envy at the girls who just pull the top into a pony, stick a bow in, and leave the rest down because it’s too short for anything else.

Pouf, not poof.

I got this picture from a friend and it is too cute not to share

fc9d2ac4babc09d3e368a26dbf9fec04.jpg

**Be like Elsa and Let it go**

Why is there a comp this weekend with so many bids? According to road to worlds only 2 don't have bids for the 8 offered. ....

Why is there a comp this weekend with so many bids? According to road to worlds only 2 don't have bids for the 8 offered. ....
The number of bids a comp offers is not based on the number of Worlds teams. They can't control how many Worlds teams show up or how many already have bids.

The number of bids a comp offers is not based on the number of Worlds teams. They can't control how many Worlds teams show up or how many already have bids.

Correct. It’s based on the overall number of teams attending and not just worlds teams.

**Be like Elsa and Let it go**

I realize that it just seems like a lot of bids when Worlds is 2 weeks away!

I am such a planner that having to wait that long before I could book flights and accommodations would drive me crazy.

Luckily for me, CP is not (and probably never will be ) on a World's team

I am such a planner that having to wait that long before I could book flights and accommodations would drive me crazy.

Luckily for me, CP is not (and probably never will be ) on a World's team
most teams, except 2 have bids and are going for FP

So, Worlds placement order has already been determined, correct? What about the teams that received bids this weekend? How is their position in the placement order determined?

Back