All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Looking for average ceiling heights for a potential new spot to practice for my rec program.
We aren't all-star so we wont have soaring high baskets. We are ages 5-12 doing straight rides, roe touch baskets pikes.. that's it
Any smartie pant gym owners have any height suggestions?
14 ft? 16 ft?

Looking for average ceiling heights for a potential new spot to practice for my rec program.
We aren't all-star so we wont have soaring high baskets. We are ages 5-12 doing straight rides, roe touch baskets pikes.. that's it
14 ft? 16 ft?

16 feet minimum is your best bet. My high school team was always relegated to practice in our elementary school's gym (while the "real" sports got the high school gym ;) ) and the ceilings were 16 ft. While they weren't throwing any crazy high baskets, the girls would sometimes freak out and spazz if they felt like they were too close to the ceiling. I can't imagine taking 2 feet away.

They were high school girls, of course, and all in the 5' - 5'6" range. So a stunt needs 10 feet minimum in a prep, 12 feet when the stunt is extended with flyers arms in a high V (I add a foot for arm extensions lol) In the 5-12 age range you have, they are probably shorter and you *could* potentially get away with 14 feet, but that would still be pretty low.

14 ft? 16 ft?

I'd second at least 16 feet more if you can you never know what will happen. My high school team sometimes got stuck in the cafeteria and idk how high the ceilings are but I do know that my stunt group was a lot stronger than the coach expected for 4 13-14 year olds and the first basket we really threw ended with our flyer hitting one of the hanging lights... she was okay no injuries but shaken up and from then on we only practiced baskets on days we were in one of the gyms.

16 feet minimum is your best bet. My high school team was always relegated to practice in our elementary school's gym (while the "real" sports got the high school gym ;) ) and the ceilings were 16 ft. While they weren't throwing any crazy high baskets, the girls would sometimes freak out and spazz if they felt like they were too close to the ceiling. I can't imagine taking 2 feet away.

They were high school girls, of course, and all in the 5' - 5'6" range. So a stunt needs 10 feet minimum in a prep, 12 feet when the stunt is extended with flyers arms in a high V (I add a foot for arm extensions lol) In the 5-12 age range you have, they are probably shorter and you *could* potentially get away with 14 feet, but that would still be pretty low.

Sprung floor? Don't forget to add an additional 6-8 inches

A few weeks ago, the atmosphere on my team wasn't really good. Not everyone was on the same line, people were fighting during full outs,...

Luckily we worked all of that out and the last weeks, practices went great.
In an attempt to have people write down their frustrations, but also to let them think about what motivates them I let them fill in little papers with 'greatest fear' and 'personal and team goals'.

I wanted to burn the fear papers with them before our biggest competition this season. But I also want to do something nice with the goals. Does anyone have any good ideas for this?

How old is too "old" to still cheer? Asking for my older sister bc I would really love to cheer at the international level with her for just one year l

I’ll be 28 this fall and at that point will have had two kids. If I can find an open 4 to get myself back into it, I am! I was on an io5 team in the 2017 season too, but took this year off to have another kid. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How old is too "old" to still cheer? Asking for my older sister bc I would really love to cheer at the international level with her for just one year l

The youngest on our IOSC6 was 23 and oldest is turning 30 next month I think? Also our first year our oldest athlete was 36 and competed at worlds.

I felt too old at 21, so it depends on the person!!

Back