Random Cheerleading Questions

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by Nikaa, Feb 18, 2013.

1. catlady

catlady Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    According to the rules they are supposed to unless they have a team in an IASF division, which would be allowed to compete at the Summit, as well. Per the website:
    Varsity Spirit - The D2 Summit

Can a Division II program receive a bid to The Summit taking place on May 2 – 5th?
    Yes, each PROGRAM must declare which bid the WHOLE PROGRAM will be competing for at each event. A PROGRAM cannot compete for a Summit Bid and a D2 Summit Bid at the same event. You MUST declare before that event to which bid your PROGRAM will be competing for. Once a team in a program wins a Summit or D2 Summit Bid, the WHOLE PROGRAM must stay on that Summit Path for the remainder of the season.

Can a Division II team compete at The Summit in the International Division and also compete at the D2 Summit?
    Yes, teams can compete in the IASF divisions at The Summit, BUT those athlete will only be allowed to compete on ONE team at the D2 Summit. Please see the crossover rules for additional clarification.

2. california cheer mom

california cheer mom Somewhere... some one.... is giving me a slow clap

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    There's a gym near us who claims they just went over 125 athletes so they are now competing D1 even though they already had several D2 at large bids. Reading that, it sounds like they shouldn't have been able to do that?

3. CLynn

CLynn I text ACEDAD all the time

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Sounds as if there is confusion somehwere! Either with our interpretation or with (perhaps)a few programs selectively leveling up. When a gym registers for an event isn't their USASF status and eligibility checked somewhere?

4. quitthedrama

quitthedrama I buy my Insta followers

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Assuming this is correct information it may be that the gym has a half year program and there was more enrollment than expected, thereby increasing their numbers mid season after they received a D2 bid.

5. catlady

catlady Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Based on the following, it appears they would have to change to D1 if they now have more than 125 athletes.

Who is eligible for the D2 Summit?
    Gyms must be Division II eligible (125 athletes or less) when they receive a D2 Summit bid and must remain Division II eligible (125 athletes or less) when they arrive at the D2 Summit. Upon arrival they must provide a current USASF Qualified Roster showing that they are a Division II Program. Please visit the USASF to find more on how to qualify as a D2 program. Once a program goes over 125 athletes they will no longer be considered Division II and must release their D2 bid. These programs will be considered ineligible for D2 bids for the remainder of the 18-19 season.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. swmom01

swmom01 I'm new. Don't Hurt Me

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  7. california cheer mom

california cheer mom Somewhere... some one.... is giving me a slow clap

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Can someone explain to me the age differences between international and regular teams? I've read the wording and for some reason I cannot figure out how much older you can be on say an international junior team. Does the birthday deadline just extend from August to December of the same year?

8. dat.jpp

dat.jpp I named my pet Sir Fierce-a-lot

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    What exactly is "club cheer"?

9. luv2cheer92

luv2cheer92 Moderator Staff Member Bracket Winner Video Curator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Like at a college? It's a team that isn't associated with the school's spirit department (doesn't cheer at games or make appearances like the school's team). Usually clubs are formed by students themselves. Think of it like any other school club. My college had a club team for just about every sport (soccer, basketball, lacrosse, baseball, cheer, etc). Some people will try to join/form a club cheer team if they just want to compete and don't necessarily want to cheer at games.

10. alpaca

alpaca I named my pet Sir Fierce-a-lot

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I saw Club listed on a comp schedule this weekend too. I think they were using it instead of the term "rec"

11. WinstonsGirl

WinstonsGirl I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach / Athlete

Club could be referring to the Global Club division in Intl, where there is a cheer before the routine portion. New division this year.

12. SLM

SLM I text ACEDAD all the time

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    The differentiation is usually Rec you cheer for a sport for a full season as well as compete, Club you just compete. It's how they separate at NHSCC for Rec/club. To be rec you have to provide a notarized letter from club president that you cheer for a sport.

13. dat.jpp

dat.jpp I named my pet Sir Fierce-a-lot

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    So a local YMCA team would be considered a club team?

14. oncecoolcoachnowmom

oncecoolcoachnowmom Bestest Newbie '14

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Random question: I see Majors has juniors this year. If you're on both can you crossover from a J5 to a Senior team at Majors or do you have to pick one? (Ex: if I am on Rays Green and Orange.)

15. SLM

SLM I text ACEDAD all the time

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    If they don't cheer for a sport and only compete than yes, club.