All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Summit Paid bids being offered at AMERICAN CHEER POWER in Columbus March 22nd. Below is the wording I took off of their site...Question - how are these paid bids being handed out? I am not sure I entirely understand the wording. Thanks.

CHEER TEAMS
6 - PAID BIDS• Cheer Power will award 6 Paid Bids to the Highest Scoring Grand Champion team in the following levels and gym
classification:
Level 1 Small and Large Gym
Level 2 Small and Large Gym
Highest Grand Champion Large Gym Score for Levels 3,4,&5 combined
Highest Grand Champion Small Gym Score for Levels 3,4,&5 combined

I just don't understand why in senior5 restricted a team can have up to 4 guys and be competing against all girl teams. It just seems like such an unfair advantage. I'm not saying anything against a team, just against the rules that make that possible. Any rationale available?

I just don't understand why in senior5 restricted a team can have up to 4 guys and be competing against all girl teams. It just seems like such an unfair advantage. I'm not saying anything against a team, just against the rules that make that possible. Any rationale available?
I'm pretty sure they are split. On NCA's results there's coed and all-girl divisions for restricted 5. :)

How does "Perfection of Score" affect rankings?

It's used when you need to compare across levels for things - like giving out Summity or Worlds bids. You take the score divided by the max score for the level so that you have one number you can compare across the board. If you just look at highest scores, the higher levels would be likely to get the bids. Or grand champs, or whatever. But ideally you want the teams who hit their scoresheet the best, regardless of level

I'm pretty sure they are split. On NCA's results there's coed and all-girl divisions for restricted 5. :)
Our all girl small sen5 restricted small gym went against a team with 4 guys. Didn't make sense to me, so I went to the USASF division rules and it seemed that was okay. (But I readily admit that while the lower levels seemed straight forward to me, once I got to all the senior 5 divisions, I found the chart a little unclear.)

Our all girl small sen5 restricted small gym went against a team with 4 guys. Didn't make sense to me, so I went to the USASF division rules and it seemed that was okay. (But I readily admit that while the lower levels seemed straight forward to me, once I got to all the senior 5 divisions, I found the chart a little unclear.)
Agreed! that chart has too many "look below for clarification" 's. I found this though, so I'm assuming that there weren't at least two teams in each division.

CO-ED SPLITS
Senior Restricted Level 5 may be split into Senior Restricted Level 5 and Senior Restricted Co-Ed Level 5 when there are at least two teams that will ultimately be registered in each respective division.
Senior Level 4.2 may be split into Senior Level 4.2 and Senior Co-Ed Level 4.2 when there are at least
two teams that will ultimately be registered in each respective division.
NOTE: Event producers will split divisions first by size (when applicable) and then by co-ed vs. all girl (when applicable).

Agreed! that chart has too many "look below for clarification" 's. I found this though, so I'm assuming that there weren't at least two teams in each division.

CO-ED SPLITS
Senior Restricted Level 5 may be split into Senior Restricted Level 5 and Senior Restricted Co-Ed Level 5 when there are at least two teams that will ultimately be registered in each respective division.
Senior Level 4.2 may be split into Senior Level 4.2 and Senior Co-Ed Level 4.2 when there are at least two teams that will ultimately be registered in each respective division.
NOTE: Event producers will split divisions first by size (when applicable) and then by co-ed vs. all girl (when applicable).
Thanks, I missed that completely.

How come EP's don't settle ties? If they get the exact same score, check the perfection %. Thats how to settle ties in my mind.

How come EP's don't settle ties? If they get the exact same score, check the perfection %. Thats how to settle ties in my mind.

Because the % would be the same as well.

ETA: on a one day tie--I'm not sure that's feasible with two day scores and percentages counting and what not. and who determines which day's percentage is the one to use? Why day two instead of day one and vice versa.

Because the % would be the same as well.

ETA: on a one day tie--I'm not sure that's feasible with two day scores and percentages counting and what not. and who determines which day's percentage is the one to use? Why day two instead of day one and vice versa.
But in the case of Platinum and Obsession this weekend, Platinum got 97.02% and 96.65%.

But in the case of Platinum and Obsession this weekend, Platinum got 97.02% and 96.65%.

That was their % score just for day 2. so that goes back to how would you rightfully decide which day to use? which day is weighted more? what if they're weighted the same? why should one day be worth more in the first place (which is an ever-lasting argument). And, if they broke it down 25/75 (or whatever the split is) it'd still be a tie.

I read it as two for level one, one small gym and one large gym. Two for level two, one small gym and one large gym. And then the other two are the highest score from small gym levels 3,4&5 and the last is the highest score from a large gym levels 3,4,&5.
I am not sure - that is how I initially interpreted as well. Why four bids for levels 1 & 2 and only 2 bids for levels 3 & 4 & some level 5 divisions. seems a bit unbalanced. I repeated the wording - for assistance.

CHEER TEAMS6 - PAID BIDS• Cheer Power will award 6 Paid Bids to the Highest Scoring Grand Champion team in the following levels and gym
classification:
Level 1 Small and Large Gym
Level 2 Small and Large Gym
Highest Grand Champion Large Gym Score for Levels 3,4,&5 combined
Highest Grand Champion Small Gym Score for Levels 3,4,&5 combined

What happened to those mainly red Ace uniforms from Worlds either last year or two years ago? I think thunderbirds wore them? I really liked them and was wondering if anyone was using them.

Back