All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm a little lost.....does anyone know how similar the varsity score sheet is to USASF/worlds score sheet?

I believe they're fairly similar, but if I remember correctly, Varsity is scored on a grid and Worlds isn't. Essentially if the judges gave team A a certain score, when team B performs they have that score in mind and kinda go based on team A how to judge team B, though there are certain criteria and stuff. You can find it online fairly easy at usasf.net.. Just go to "The Worlds" tab at the top, click "The Cheerleading Worlds" and then find the scoresheets button.

I sometimes have questions about teams, competitions, bids.... that I don't want to open theard just for one question. So I tought it would be good if we have a theard just for questions.
Anywa I have first question.

1. Does anyone know who runs Industry News? Because s/he is awesome.
Kyle Tolliver from California Allstars did it at JAMZ. I don't know if anyone does it at other comps.

Is AZ power only a girl gym? I don't remember seeing any boys on this gym
And AZ Power is currently an all-female gym and have been since they got rid of their Limited Coed team. In Arizona, boys mainly cheer at Desert Storm - they have a better record with coed teams and have 25 male athletes.

i like this thread! i have a question about the summit. i know its supposed to be like a "worlds" for non worlds division, but i keep hearing "level 1-4".. are youth 5, junior 5 and restricted 5 not divisions there? if its supposed to be for non-worlds divisions i think those 3 divisions should be there too!

i like this thread! i have a question about the summit. i know its supposed to be like a "worlds" for non worlds division, but i keep hearing "level 1-4".. are youth 5, junior 5 and restricted 5 not divisions there? if its supposed to be for non-worlds divisions i think those 3 divisions should be there too!

I'm almost sure Rays green (junior coed 5) got paid bid to the summit at BUBT.

http://register.varsity.com/VAS/The%20Summit%20FAQ.pdf

Youth, Juinor,and Senior non-Worlds divisions - Page 2 provides a complete list.

All Non-Worlds division Level 5 teams are eligible for Summit Bids.

Youth Level 5 Small
Youth Level 5 Large
Junior Coed Level 5 Small
Junior Coed Level 5 Large
Junior Level 5 Small
Junior Level 5 Large
Small Senior Restricted Level 5 Small
Large Senior Restricted Level 5 Large
Small Senior Restricted Coed Level 5 Small
Large Senior Restricted Coed Level 5 Large

Could someone tell me (and where in the rules to find it) whether a bird front is legal at level 2? Not sure if that's what you call it here, but the flyer goes up to extension then the backspot pulls the ankles backwards and the bases catch the flyer in prone. Hopefully that made sense...
I looked in the rules but couldn't see anything about dismounts to prone, if I was even looking in the right place?

Could someone tell me (and where in the rules to find it) whether a bird front is legal at level 2? Not sure if that's what you call it here, but the flyer goes up to extension then the backspot pulls the ankles backwards and the bases catch the flyer in prone. Hopefully that made sense...
I looked in the rules but couldn't see anything about dismounts to prone, if I was even looking in the right place?
It's legal if there is no release - if the backspot keeps hold then it's not considered a dismount, just a transition.

Wait, but does Cheer Time Revolution (cheer perfection) seriously have an IO6 team that's competiting for a bid at WSA this weekend...

Scoring confuses me. Is your score out of 100? I know some level 5 teams score in the upper 90's. but then you get to lower levels and they're in the 70's and 60's... so are they only scored out of like 90 or 80? sorry if that makes no sense at all...

Back