All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Does anyone know why CEA's SSX is associated with sharks? I always thought SSX stood for small senior x...

Does anyone know why CEA's SSX is associated with sharks? I always thought SSX stood for small senior x...

There was talk of it being because sharks eat stingrays (back when Orange was small), which a. I don't know 100% whether sharks actually do eat stingrays, and b. would probably not be admitted to if it were the reason behind naming them that.

Do any schools actually have a spring floor? We have one at my old high school, it was technically the gymnastic teams. But only a section of it was set up in out auxiliary gym.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

when I was in high school, we had one for the gymnastics team but the cheerleading team was not allowed to use it because the football team needed the gymnastics room. We actually practiced at an all star gym every day on spring floors though.

I haven't been really reading every page in this thread, so I'm sorry if it's already been asked/answered but: are double whip doubles in standing tumbling legal or not? Odyssey had a double whip double at NCA and they weren't deducted for it.

Also, what's the difference between level 4 and level 4.2?

I haven't been really reading every page in this thread, so I'm sorry if it's already been asked/answered but: are double whip doubles in standing tumbling legal or not? Odyssey had a double whip double at NCA and they weren't deducted for it.

As long as the first double is preceded by two backwards traveling non-twisting skills (basically a BHS or whip) it is legal. After the first double, there must be at least one backwards traveling non-twisting skill before the next twisting skill. For example: hand whip dub whip dub would be legal

As long as the first double is preceded by two backwards traveling non-twisting skills (basically a BHS or whip) it is legal. After the first double, there must be at least one backwards traveling non-twisting skill before the next twisting skill. For example: hand whip dub whip dub would be legal

I thought in standing every double had to be preceded by 2 backwards non twisting skills. I know of a team that go deducted for a hand whip full whip double. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though

I thought in standing every double had to be preceded by 2 backwards non twisting skills. I know of a team that go deducted for a hand whip full whip double. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though

Because that double at the end is the first double, it must be preceded by 2 non twisting skills. It isn't a logical progression that the harder skill is legal, but full whip dub is not, but that's the way things are.

(In standing tumbling only) skills involving two twists(i.e.Double fulls)must be immediately preceded
by a minimum of two backward traveling, non-twisting tumbling skills. One of these two skills must be a back handspring. (Jump skills are not considered tumbling skills. i.e. toe touch > back handspring > double full = illegal). Clarification: If an athlete is performing a second double full within one Standing Tumbling pass, then that athlete must follow Standing Tumbling rules A,B and C but not D.
Example: standing back handspring>back handspring>double full>back handspring>double full=Legal

Because that double at the end is the first double, it must be preceded by 2 non twisting skills. It isn't a logical progression that the harder skill is legal, but full whip dub is not, but that's the way things are.

(In standing tumbling only) skills involving two twists(i.e.Double fulls)must be immediately preceded
by a minimum of two backward traveling, non-twisting tumbling skills. One of these two skills must be a back handspring. (Jump skills are not considered tumbling skills. i.e. toe touch > back handspring > double full = illegal).

Oh okay thanks for explaining that! :)

HELP!! My cp picked up some bad tumbling habits at her old gym. She is working with new tumbling coaches to get them corrected. The biggest is throwing her head back! We have tried everything to fix it! Any suggestions? When I ask her she says she's really trying but has been doing it for 6 years so its hard to break! Ty

HELP!! My cp picked up some bad tumbling habits at her old gym. She is working with new tumbling coaches to get them corrected. The biggest is throwing her head back! We have tried everything to fix it! Any suggestions? When I ask her she says she's really trying but has been doing it for 6 years so its hard to break! Ty
My coaches had me throw stuff on the tumbl trak (safer than the ground lol) and tell me to look at the wall when I'm upside down. It took a few times but it helped because if I had tried on the ground the first time, I would've faceplanted but on the tumbl trak I knew I would be safe so I wasn't afraid to try something new. One time my coach had me bite my shirt. I don't remember if it worked I just remember my braces got stuck on my shirt for a sec lol
I'm sure she's been told this but she should squeeze her ears with her arms...
Sometimes taking away someone's swing before a BHS helps, have them start with their arms by their ears and it kind of makes them keep their arms there? My coaches threatened to do that so I changed my habit FAST because I hate not having a swing lol sometimes the threat of a drill motivates people to change something just to avoid the drill :rolleyes:

My gym is looking to travel to the west coast for nationals this upcoming season. Does anyone know of any big nationals in Cali during Dec. or Jan. that are worth traveling to?

My gym is looking to travel to the west coast for nationals this upcoming season. Does anyone know of any big nationals in Cali during Dec. or Jan. that are worth traveling to?
Hey, so to be honest the best one to go to is Duel in the Desert ( Spirit Sports ) its normally the same weekend of the SuperBowl so its actually Feb. The other option would be for you guys to head to Vegas in Dec for the American Grand.

Back