All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thanks very much, I'll check them out! How far away from Durham, NH would you estimate ECE is? I literally cannot comprehend how big America is haha

America is pretty big. lol I noticed in your avatar you are flying on your left leg. In America it is the norm to fly on the right leg. Is that not how it's done in England?

I'm hoping to move to America in the next few years and wondered if anyone had heard of any other open 4 teams aside from:
Top gun, Miami FL
ultimate starz athletics, Weymouth MA
Cheer Pride all stars, Livingston NJ
Cheer intensity all stars, Albany NY
Pryzm competitive cheer, Waynesboro PA
PCX all stars, mount pleasant SC
Prime tyme athletics, Nashville TN
Encore cheer, Houston TX

I've not decided which universities to apply to yet so anywhere is fine! I love New Hampshire but I don't think the teams there are offering open 4

HotCheer outside of Pittsburgh, PA also had one last year...I'm not sure if they do this season or plan to have another one in the next few years, but it's worth asking. I'm originally from near Waynesboro and Pryzm, and know a lot of the girls there--if for some reason you end up in the Waynesboro area, which I'm not sure why ANYONE would willingly move to that area, I can give you info and get you in touch with them!

America is pretty big. lol I noticed in your avatar you are flying on your left leg. In America it is the norm to fly on the right leg. Is that not how it's done in England?

It's more common over here but the teams who do fly on the left are definitely in a small minority, it's just the way I've been taught. It helps that I'm way more flexible on my right leg but I can fly either side. My avatar is of my level 2 stunt group but my team is coed level 3, I'm hoping to step up to level 4 before I move to the states!

HotCheer outside of Pittsburgh, PA also had one last year...I'm not sure if they do this season or plan to have another one in the next few years, but it's worth asking. I'm originally from near Waynesboro and Pryzm, and know a lot of the girls there--if for some reason you end up in the Waynesboro area, which I'm not sure why ANYONE would willingly move to that area, I can give you info and get you in touch with them!

Thanks very much! I'll have a look at nearby universities and see if they offer my course, I take it you don't recommend moving there though haha?:)

Thanks very much! I'll have a look at nearby universities and see if they offer my course, I take it you don't recommend moving there though haha?:)

Waynesboro is in a very rural area of the state, and doesn't have a lot of real attraction--those of us that are from that area like to complain about being incredibly bored and having absolutely nothing to do and no where to go. Depending on your field of study, however, Shippensburg University could be a very ideal school to look into, which is close to Waynesboro, and several people that cheer on Pryzm are from the Chambersburg/Shippensburg area. If you want a big city environment with lots of entertainment and fun things to do, it's not an ideal area.

Thanks very much, I'll check them out! How far away from Durham, NH would you estimate ECE is? I literally cannot comprehend how big America is haha
I was on ECE's i4! If you're asking about Durham because you're thinking of UNH, we had one girl do that commute, and it was about an hour one way. We only practiced once (maybe twice if we had a comp that weekend) a week so the commute wasn't that bad. I'd definitely email the gym if you have anymore questions!

I was on ECE's i4! If you're asking about Durham because you're thinking of UNH, we had one girl do that commute, and it was about an hour one way. We only practiced once (maybe twice if we had a comp that weekend) a week so the commute wasn't that bad. I'd definitely email the gym if you have anymore questions!

Sounds perfect! Did you enjoy being on the team? How many competitions did you enter? Also, would they take me even if my tumbling skills weren't great? I'll email them too:) thanks!

I know this was asked but I cant find the post. Do cheerleaders at worlds have to pay the fee for the sessions? Also if an athlete doesn't qualify for day two do they have pay if they want to watch day two?

I believe the SSX sharks thing came from their coach giving them a goodie bag at the beginning of a season and it had shark stuff in it because they're considered "Fierce" and the girls just latched onto the idea and it's stuck ever since.
I remember the coach telling me and a few girls on my team this story like 2/3 years ago, so its something a long those lines

Sounds perfect! Did you enjoy being on the team? How many competitions did you enter? Also, would they take me even if my tumbling skills weren't great? I'll email them too:) thanks!

I'm sorry haven't you say you will move to US in a few YEARS?
Few years...that's 2 3 4 years? It's cheerleading. Things will get changed a lot in few years. Maybe we will have open 1 and the big gym will be right in front of your new house or college.

Few years...that's 2 3 4 years? It's cheerleading. Things will get changed a lot in few years. Maybe we will have open 1 and the big gym will be right in front of your new house or college.

Kids start looking into colleges and programs years in advance. With such a big move, it's important to know what you're looking for when making decisions. Maybe she has four different areas she's looking into moving to--the gym in that area drops the i4 team. Now she no longer wants to go there because it isn't offered--at least she still has three other cities to look at instead of not knowing anything about anywhere else.

I graduate from my undergraduate degree this time next year, the graduate course I want has an average acceptance rate of 1-2%. I don't see anything wrong with being prepared and discovering my options early, where I apply for is going to be somewhat affected by nearby gyms. Even if I can't cheer I still want to take tumble classes etc. I'm applying this year to start next fall but with the acceptance rates so low I'm not holding my breath just yet and will probably have to reapply the following year.

Also, I'm currently a level 3 coed flyer (my picture is from a level 2 stunt group routine, not our main routine), I don't need an open 1 team. I plan on having level 4 skills before I move, not everyone has the facilities or opportunities to train at level 6, especially in England. My university has no gymnastic equipment or facilities whatsoever, no sprung floor and we get minimal funding. I only started cheering 3 years ago and I'm proud of my progression so far.

I know this was asked but I cant find the post. Do cheerleaders at worlds have to pay the fee for the sessions? Also if an athlete doesn't qualify for day two do they have pay if they want to watch day two?

It's included in the park hopper/WWoS admission they get with the package or commuter fee.

I graduate from my undergraduate degree this time next year, the graduate course I want has an average acceptance rate of 1-2%. I don't see anything wrong with being prepared and discovering my options early, where I apply for is going to be somewhat affected by nearby gyms. Even if I can't cheer I still want to take tumble classes etc. I'm applying this year to start next fall but with the acceptance rates so low I'm not holding my breath just yet and will probably have to reapply the following year.

Also, I'm currently a level 3 coed flyer (my picture is from a level 2 stunt group routine, not our main routine), I don't need an open 1 team. I plan on having level 4 skills before I move, not everyone has the facilities or opportunities to train at level 6, especially in England. My university has no gymnastic equipment or facilities whatsoever, no sprung floor and we get minimal funding. I only started cheering 3 years ago and I'm proud of my progression so far.

Wow :chillpill:. I didn't say you need to be on level 1. I said a lot of things will change in few years. We will probably have open 1. Not that you would be on level 1. And I'm from Europe so believe me we have way worse facilities and opportunities than you have in Englad. So you don't need to tell me that. We don't have spring floor ( and I know only a few teams in whole Europe that has it!)
I wanted to say (before you attacked me with all these levels and facilities you don't have) that you can't look at which teams gym has now! You can't say oh I will go to University near ECE in a few years because ECE has Open 4 now.
Things will change. Probably a lot of teams will have Open 4 in few years. So I would pick University first (the thing that will give you education, job and money when you grow up) and than pick a gym that's near university. But that's me. And I'm not sure about you....

Wow :chillpill:. I didn't say you need to be on level 1. I said a lot of things will change in few years. We will probably have open 1. Not that you would be on level 1. And I'm from Europe so believe me we have way worse facilities and opportunities than you have in Englad. So you don't need to tell me that. We don't have spring floor ( and I know only a few teams in whole Europe that has it!)
I wanted to say (before you attacked me with all these levels and facilities you don't have) that you can't look at which teams gym has now! You can't say oh I will go to University near ECE in a few years because ECE has Open 4 now.
Things will change. Probably a lot of teams will have Open 4 in few years. So I would pick University first (the thing that will give you education, job and money when you grow up) and than pick a gym that's near university. But that's me. And I'm not sure about you....

If all you wanted to do was give me advice then I would have appreciated that but it didn't exactly come across that way originally whether you intended it or not. I actually said I didn't mind where people had suggestions but I was particularly looking into New Hampshire, I've not finalised my whole list of university applications but UNH is my number one regardless of whether there's an open team nearby, finding out that ECE is near is just a massive bonus. As long as I can work on my tumbling and conditioning somewhere I'll be happy. I didn't 'attack' you at all, please don't turn this into something more than it already is! Thank you for your advice!:)

Back