All-Star Random Idea

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
What if in stunts front spots were illegal. Wouldn't that eliminate trying to count and figure our ratios as much?

What if in stunts front spots were illegal. Wouldn't that eliminate trying to count and figure our ratios as much?

if this is just a theory talk, then it would be a lot easier to count stunts.

if this is a practical suggestion. it wouldn't work with the definitions. cause certain stunts require a spotter, so when would a front spot be considered a front spot and not a spotter. Also with level 6 pyramids you have to have a front spot. so you would say just stunts aren't allowed to have one?

Ok, in all levels but level 6 (for the sake of argument) when putting up stunts (for your stunt score, pyramids are excluded) you are not allowed to use more than 3 people.

Ok, in all levels but level 6 (for the sake of argument) when putting up stunts (for your stunt score, pyramids are excluded) you are not allowed to use more than 3 people.

So that means hands on. What if for "safety" reasons, i wanted a person to stand in front of my stunt? Would that be ok?

Now what if the stunt is falling and the front spotter touches it? Is that an additional deduction?

Lastly. If large teams are going to 30, youre going to see a lot of teams with 2 front spots. I assume most teams will use them as front spots and not just have them tumble or stand behind something.

So what do we do with the "extras". I have 14 on my team, so I don't have enough to make another group, so I have 3 stunts groups and 2 front spots. Do those two have to tumble? Do they nugget in the back? Do I cut them because it's illegal to have an extra?

Not disagreeing, just trying to figure out how it would affect things...

So what do we do with the "extras". I have 14 on my team, so I don't have enough to make another group, so I have 3 stunts groups and 2 front spots. Do those two have to tumble? Do they nugget in the back? Do I cut them because it's illegal to have an extra?

Not disagreeing, just trying to figure out how it would affect things...

They would still have a place. Was just wondering how it would work if you werent allowed to have front spots in stunts. It is an interesting concept.

They would still have a place. Was just wondering how it would work if you werent allowed to have front spots in stunts. It is an interesting concept.

I agree, it is definitely interesting! It got my mind wondering!!

im bringing this back... i was just thinking about it....
So you get rewarded for doing a stunt with only 2 people under it... and the norm is 3 people under a stunt... so i do think that having 4 people under a stunt shouldnt score the same amount as a stunt with only 3 people under it.

Its the same thing for coed... you should be doing it with 2 boys under something, because you should be able to do anything if you have 3 boys under it.

im bringing this back... i was just thinking about it....
So you get rewarded for doing a stunt with only 2 people under it... and the norm is 3 people under a stunt... so i do think that having 4 people under a stunt shouldnt score the same amount as a stunt with only 3 people under it.

Its the same thing for coed... you should be doing it with 2 boys under something, because you should be able to do anything if you have 3 boys under it.

But what if the team is doing an above average stunt? Technically if you are using fronts and are doing a "normal" stunt then you would get "deducted" because you aren't maxing out by putting 4 people. correct?

Personally I would be against this rule. I am all for a team using front spots and putting up 4 or 7 killer, different stunts instead of having to watch another team do 5 or 9 hitch ups to front stretch sponge down, full up, pull 2 body positions, double down. boring. And front spots are important for newer teams because those flyers are often still getting used to their position as opposed to a level 4 or 5 flyer who is usually more experienced.

I think it would be great. I think front spots get in the way more than they help (just my opinion). I think this could potentially HELP stunting, hear me out before attacking. IF there were no such thing as a front spot then stunt technique would be focused on a lot more. Instead of "oh just give that group a front" it would be "we need to spend more time with that group" I see "2 base" groups that can do everything "3 base" groups can, switch up, full up immediate, tic tocs, what does that 4th person really do? I know they can "help" but are they a NEED? I like this theory I think it would help. And whirtly bird (sp?) can be legally done with 3 bases.

I would be against it. I'm all for working toward eliminating figuring ratios but sometimes they are an asset to a group. Just as every team is not as advanced as the industry as a whole and sometimes need to water things down, every individual stunt group may not be as advanced as the rest of the team, so if I have an extra girl and one struggling stunt group it's best for the team if I put her in that group to help rather than have her stand uselessly in the back. Another example: Last season I had a team with four groups, each with a front spot, because they were ALL brand new to level 5 and struggled a bit with hitting solid stunts. We worked through the season with a goal to eliminate the need for front spots and now we have five groups without fronts. A lot of the time it really is part of a learning experience moreso than counting numbers, so I don't think it needs to be eliminated.

Score it lower, but don't outlaw it.

in level 3 we were doing a stunt earlier in the year, that required 4 bases. At one point in it the the front spot is basing then they are fronting while the person who was just fronting is now basing

You could eliminate the problem if you had a few SUPER fierce girls who could throw coed stunts. Now that would impress me.

Back