All-Star Rebel Models

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 29, 2014
What is everyone’s opinion on the Rebel Models/ Brand Ambassadors, etc.? What do you think is really behind their process in who they choose? Do you think they provide free bags and apparel to all of them? I just notice the new jackets they are giving the Models and they are super cute but so many different levels of models and then their are the brand ambassadors which I do not see the point of because they do not get or have the opportunity to really get or wear the merchandise so why bother with adding them. A friend of mines daughter is an ambassador and they only got a cheap Bullying T-shirt and no discounts or anything, they are never featured or anything. Just a popularity contest? Are they the ones creating the cheerlebrity? My daughter is begging to go to a casting call this year but I do not know.

Last edited:
What is everyone’s opinion on the Rebel Models/ Brand Ambassadors, etc.? What do you think is really behind their process in who they choose? Do you think they provide free bags and apparel to all of them? I just notice the new jackets they are giving the Models and they are super cute but so many different levels of models and then their are the brand ambassadors which I do not see the point of because they do not get or have the opportunity to really get or wear the merchandise so why bother with adding them. A friend of mines daughter is an ambassador and they only got a cheap Bullying T-shirt and no discounts or anything, they are never featured or anything. Just a popularity contest? Are they the ones creating the cheerlebrity? My daughter is begging to go to a casting call this year but I do not know.

IMO its all about social media presence. Rebel is getting lots and lots of exposure by holding these popularity contests and having their perfect dynamics attended to with absolutely no cost to them.

I do not see the point of because they do not get or have the opportunity to really get or wear the merchandise so why bother with adding them. A friend of mines daughter is an ambassador and they only got a cheap Bullying T-shirt and no discounts or anything,
It's all about the free advertising. Give the ambassador a little gift that costs rebel maybe $10 bucks. Then every ambassador posts 1-3 times mentioning Rebel and loving them for letting them be a part of the 'in crowd' - Rebel and the associated love gets seen by all their followers, potentially increasing Rebels fanbase and bottom line. Cheer isn't the first industry to do this.

If you are okay with your kid being a model or ambassador, go for it, you're the parent! :) I would advise reading all the releases to image rights and things like that, just my two cents!

From what I've seen the girls and boys who've modeled for Rebel from the start have been, and still are, valued and treated really well by the company. However, beyond the feature models it does seem like a popularity contest for kids. And from the amount of pictures I saw on Instagram with one kid and 12 rebel dream bags in front of a christmas tree this strategy is working really, really well to drive profits.

From what I've seen the girls and boys who've modeled for Rebel from the start have been, and still are, valued and treated really well by the company. However, beyond the feature models it does seem like a popularity contest for kids. And from the amount of pictures I saw on Instagram with one kid and 12 rebel dream bags in front of a christmas tree this strategy is working really, really well to drive profits.

Yes those 12 dream bags in front of the tree was ridiculous. With so many tiers of “models and ambassadors” I bet they accepted everyone who applied to be a Rebel model. They didn’t offer the ambassadors the opportunity to “buy” the jacket. It looks like they all got them as Christmas gifts. Some of the different tiers do not make much sense and they should have flat out left off the ambassadors since they do not see to get the tanks, bags, or jackets. I guess I just wish cheer wasn’t so much of a popularity contest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes those 12 dream bags in front of the tree was ridiculous. With so many tiers of “models and ambassadors” I bet they accepted everyone who applied to be a Rebel model. They didn’t offer the ambassadors the opportunity to “buy” the jacket. It looks like they all got them as Christmas gifts. Some of the different tiers do not make much sense and they should have flat out left off the ambassadors since they do not see to get the tanks, bags, or jackets. I guess I just wish cheer wasn’t so much of a popularity contest. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contest marketing is actually a great way to build a brand and social media feeds into it perfectly. The whole "vote for me" and then the "I know them" gets kids and parents re-tweeting the kids in their merchandise and company name with very little cost. Gerber was great at getting free news coverage with their baby contests back in the day because they were so popular.

Contest marketing is actually a great way to build a brand and social media feeds into it perfectly. The whole "vote for me" and then the "I know them" gets kids and parents re-tweeting the kids in their merchandise and company name with very little cost. Gerber was great at getting free news coverage with their baby contests back in the day because they were so popular.

I guess business wise it is a smart move but they also need to accept some girls that are. It from the mega TX gyms. That makes you a shoe it, everyone should have a fair chance and then do away with the millions of “titles”

I guess business wise it is a smart move but they also need to accept some girls that are. It from the mega TX gyms. That makes you a shoe it, everyone should have a fair chance and then do away with the millions of “titles”

Social media is a popularity contest, these contests are based upon popularity. "Fair" doesn't really belong here nor does Rebel care about fair. They're using kids for free advertising, that's all this is. The value is on the quantity of influence that child has, not the quality of the child. Rebel's actions and decisions are not a true reflection on any child because they only care about profit. It's a "don't hate the player, hate the game" sort of thing.

OP, you mentioned your daughter is interested in auditioning for one of these positions but you seem like you have qualms about the whole thing. IMO, there are far more downfalls that would come with being selected as an ambassador than being rejected. Managing rejection is easy compared to managing "fame" and fake popularity. Social media can be an insidious place. It can be a great tool but it's largely not being used for greatness. I guess I would suggest you sit down with your daughter and ask her what she hopes to get out of this if she is picked. Then I suggest you sit down and think about what you want out of it for her and/or you if she is picked. Also ask yourself what will happen when the things you thought would happen don't? Is she mature enough to handle the potential "fame" that might come with it, both mentally and emotionally? Maybe once you think about these things, you'll be able to make a better informed decision on what to do (but it sounds like you're already leaning one way.)

There's plenty of rebel models that are not from mega Texas gyms... one of my own athletes is a rebel model this season and we're just a little gym from Toledo!

Social media is a popularity contest, these contests are based upon popularity. "Fair" doesn't really belong here nor does Rebel care about fair. They're using kids for free advertising, that's all this is. The value is on the quantity of influence that child has, not the quality of the child. Rebel's actions and decisions are not a true reflection on any child because they only care about profit. It's a "don't hate the player, hate the game" sort of thing.

OP, you mentioned your daughter is interested in auditioning for one of these positions but you seem like you have qualms about the whole thing. IMO, there are far more downfalls that would come with being selected as an ambassador than being rejected. Managing rejection is easy compared to managing "fame" and fake popularity. Social media can be an insidious place. It can be a great tool but it's largely not being used for greatness. I guess I would suggest you sit down with your daughter and ask her what she hopes to get out of this if she is picked. Then I suggest you sit down and think about what you want out of it for her and/or you if she is picked. Also ask yourself what will happen when the things you thought would happen don't? Is she mature enough to handle the potential "fame" that might come with it, both mentally and emotionally? Maybe once you think about these things, you'll be able to make a better informed decision on what to do (but it sounds like you're already leaning one way.)

Thank you, I guess you are right I am leaning towards no but my cp is also almost 13 and has talked about going to a casting call since last year. I guess she is old enough to understand more than what I give her credit for. Thank you,

Thank you, I guess you are right I am leaning towards no but my cp is also almost 13 and has talked about going to a casting call since last year. I guess she is old enough to understand more than what I give her credit for. Thank you,

I've talked about our experience on here before, my daughter cheers for a competitive rec program. The only Rebel she owned prior to casting call was her uniform so that's what she wore. Kid had a locked down Instagram with only followers she knows personally like friends from school or family. So as far from a celebrity or from a big gym as you can get. She asked to go and to do the picture package because she thought it would be fun. We went in with absolutely no expectations to get picked, she wore her full top uniform (one of only a few in the room) kept her glasses on, and just really enjoyed the experience.

She loved the photography portion, they were great with the girls! It was a neat experience for her. She also had to stand in front of a panel and "interview' which was good for her because she struggles with speaking in situations like this, so I thought good life experience.

So we wrap up and head home with her rebel key chain they gave to her and her makeup brush bag she got with a gift card to the on site store that she also received, over the moon with her little souvenirs, and with no expectations but happy with the cool experience she had. She was thrilled just to have her few pictures as mementos.

Well, kid got picked to be an 'online ambassador" she about flipped out. hehe So she got the free tshirt and a $25 gift certificate, and the thrill of "getting chosen" even though she wasn't rocking a $400+ uniform with a big name gym emblazoned on the front. Don't know how much free advertising they are getting out of her with her like now 53 instagram followers, and her like 3 rebel items she owns though. lol

Would we do it again, absolutely if they come back to this area. It was a nice treat day that was "all about her" if you know what I mean. You just have to go into it with the right frame of mind and expectations.

I have been wondering about this.

Does every single kid who goes to the casting get some sort of "title?"

A neighbor kid is a "Rebel model" but she does nothing with it outside of posting with her program's backpack on IG. I was not sure what the difference was between neighbor girl and say, the child who gets flown to the Rebel photoshoot.

Back