All-Star Rebel Takes On Goliath

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am in love with Rebel's advertising. Sadly, where we've cheered at all use Varsity. They offer packages and deals that a gym can't refuse.

I am in love with Rebel's advertising. Sadly, where we've cheered at all use Varsity. They offer packages and deals that a gym can't refuse.

Has your gym explored working with Rebel? I would love to find out what your packages look like and why you feel what you're receiving from Varsity is a deal that can't be matched or beaten by Rebel. Our customers range from small gyms with less than 20 athletes to gyms with multiple locations and hundreds of athletes and we find ways to make doing business with us make absolute financial sense for just about everyone!
In most cases, working with Rebel is not only a great decision in terms of the customers service and quality of product you receive, but financially because
1. we have wholesale pricing for gym owners
2. because the perceived value of what you'll be selling the items to your customers, is... how do we say.. more #RebelLevel than other companies.. it makes it all work out.

For example:
A gym is used to buying a custom practice wear set with crystals from a company and the parents are used to paying $60 for that outfit.
What if the gym could offer the parents something that looks better and more expensive than before (so parents are still happy to pay what they have always paid which is $60) but let's say Rebel can sell you a practice wear set with more crystals, better fabric and more design detail for less money than what you paid from the previous company?
That means the gym just profited more money in the middle.
Some people will say "we don't do that". Well ok, pass the money you just saved on to your parents then. But we teach gym owners that buying wholesale and selling retail is what they SHOULD be doing. And when the perceived retail value supports the retail cost there is no issue with this model. This business model supports the sustainability of the gym because like fundraising or any other revenue stream it pays for unforeseen costs like new equipment that is needed or choreography money is due when not all the kids have paid, etc.

Hopefully your wheels are turning now on how this could work for your gym and how so many other programs have overcome things like rebates and family plans and multi-year deals that they think they depend on.
All you have to do is change the model.
Rebel sells incredible high quality wholesale uniforms and apparel with a suggested retail price that holds its value to the end customer which is the athletes and parents. When they are happy with what they receive and what they pay for it you have done your job.

email me if you want more information. I'd really love to be able to talk to you or whoever the decision maker is at your gym! [email protected]

Has your gym explored working with Rebel? I would love to find out what your packages look like and why you feel what you're receiving from Varsity is a deal that can't be matched or beaten by Rebel. Our customers range from small gyms with less than 20 athletes to gyms with multiple locations and hundreds of athletes and we find ways to make doing business with us make absolute financial sense for just about everyone!
In most cases, working with Rebel is not only a great decision in terms of the customers service and quality of product you receive, but financially because
1. we have wholesale pricing for gym owners
2. because the perceived value of what you'll be selling the items to your customers, is... how do we say.. more #RebelLevel than other companies.. it makes it all work out.

For example:
A gym is used to buying a custom practice wear set with crystals from a company and the parents are used to paying $60 for that outfit.
What if the gym could offer the parents something that looks better and more expensive than before (so parents are still happy to pay what they have always paid which is $60) but let's say Rebel can sell you a practice wear set with more crystals, better fabric and more design detail for less money than what you paid from the previous company?
That means the gym just profited more money in the middle.
Some people will say "we don't do that". Well ok, pass the money you just saved on to your parents then. But we teach gym owners that buying wholesale and selling retail is what they SHOULD be doing. And when the perceived retail value supports the retail cost there is no issue with this model. This business model supports the sustainability of the gym because like fundraising or any other revenue stream it pays for unforeseen costs like new equipment that is needed or choreography money is due when not all the kids have paid, etc.

Hopefully your wheels are turning now on how this could work for your gym and how so many other programs have overcome things like rebates and family plans and multi-year deals that they think they depend on.
All you have to do is change the model.
Rebel sells incredible high quality wholesale uniforms and apparel with a suggested retail price that holds its value to the end customer which is the athletes and parents. When they are happy with what they receive and what they pay for it you have done your job.

email me if you want more information. I'd really love to be able to talk to you or whoever the decision maker is at your gym! [email protected]
we started using Rebel around 3 years ago and we have nothing but great things to say about this company. excellent pricing, and great customer service. we are in the process of designing new uniforms for this season and i'm really excited to see how they come out!

i think there are other options. but you have to buy from those other companies in order for them to survive to keep giving you options. it is amazing how many people see stuff they like and then show the new items to their varsity rep and ask them if they can make it. varsity doesn't innovate. classical sign of a monopoly. they dominate. but the masses simply aren't clamoring for someone to come in and rock the boat. they are willing to watch the new products come out and then they wait for varsity to copy them. how does this inspire the smaller companies to innovate?

The issue with All Star uniforms is the fact they are custom designed costumes, embellished, in large quantities, with multiple size runs that have to be turned around in a very short amount of time. In most business circumstances, a small company would look for a large co. to partner with or subcontract to go up against Varsity. There's a good reason they don't, it's a specialty niche category with a small demographic and has a huge customer service risk with tight deadlines. The cost to acquire a customer from Varsity would be extremely high, and they would have to accept having an extremely low or non-existent profit margin to compete until they could grow their customer base. Moderate retailers make their largest profits off of import, basic, in stock items and their lowest profits on designer goods, the cheer uniform industry would be no different. Varsity has a copyright on their graphics, but that hasn't stopped the dozens of other companies from providing basic style cheer uniforms. The reason there are very few options in the All Star uniform business is the nature of the custom costume business, not because of Varsity.

Back