Music Recycling Old Music

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 17, 2014
So I was just wondering if recycling old music from previous years and just changing some voiceovers for its new team was a common thing? I've only ever been at one gym and this is common for us. I've done cheer for about 8 seasons and I rarely get new music (I'm not level 5 or I obviously would). Just wondering if every team at your gym gets new music every year or how it works at your gym.

So I was just wondering if recycling old music from previous years and just changing some voiceovers for its new team was a common thing? I've only ever been at one gym and this is common for us. I've done cheer for about 8 seasons and I rarely get new music (I'm not level 5 or I obviously would). Just wondering if every team at your gym gets new music every year or how it works at your gym.
Yes we don't recycle music.
We get top level music producers for every single team from youth 1 to senior restricted 5

I would be upset if our 5 was getting new music from new level music and we were getting old music or having a coach of ours do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes we don't recycle music.
We get top level music producers for every single team from youth 1 to senior restricted 5

I would be upset if our 5 was getting new music from new level music and we were getting old music or having a coach of ours do it

So does every athlete pay a fee for music at the beginning of every seaaon?

Yea, I've never heard of teams recycling music. Every team I've been on/known has gotten new music every year.

All three gyms I cheered at got new music every year. I now coach at one of those gyms and all of our teams get new music each season. I'm not sure how much it costs, but I know cheer music isn't cheap. This might be totally wrong as I obviously don't have to pay for the music, but I feel like it was $30ish a kid? Maybe? (I might be mixing up our music and bows) We have five full year teams, two prep teams, and one special needs team.

We reused old music for tiny exhibition and special needs. The rest of our teams get new music since its part of our choreography package.

The program I've cheered and coached at for over a decade has always gotten new music for every team. I don't think it's unheard of to recycle music, but it certainly isn't common. However, I don't think it's a bad idea. If your gym owner is looking for ways to make the program more affordable, recycled music is an easy way to do that.

I guess I understand why my gym does it, we have over 800 athletes between 3 gyms with about 50 teams so it sounds costly to make new music for every team. It didn't really bother me when I was younger but now I hate getting recycled music. I'd say maybe 15 teams get new music each year.

I guess I understand why my gym does it, we have over 800 athletes between 3 gyms with about 50 teams so it sounds costly to make new music for every team. It didn't really bother me when I was younger but now I hate getting recycled music. I'd say maybe 15 teams get new music each year.
Generally don't you get a routine first then the music is made to go with it?
I see you are at a large gym so they are obviously growing with doing it like that but doesn't that make it harder to put a routine together?

I feel like it puts limits on you and instead of having a blank canvas you have a color by numbers canvas and it could be limiting to the routine itself.

I understand it isn't cost effective for every team to get new music every year but for us it is included in our choreo so I'm not sure how much of our choreo fee is music but we get amazing choreographers along with amazing music producers so I'm not sure either is cheap.

I'm sure if you charged the parent $15-30 per person and told them they could have new music vs old recycled music they would be willing to pay it.

You can get good music in the 350.00 - 550.00 range. even a small team with 20 members so; 550/20= 27.5 a person for music that fits the routine perfectly... reusing music when its possible to not break the bank is tacky to me and If I were paying upwards or 2000.00 + a season I would be expecting at least new music

I have always gotten new music, last year was my first season as a cheerleader and I was on a level 2 team and I still got new music! I think I understand why especially if you're a small gym but still... I think that's a bit rude to the lower level athletes!

All star gym gets new music every season. School teams I'll recycle except for comp music (So I recycle performance music).

Back