OT Regional Food

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jan 17, 2011
I've seen on a couple threads people talking about their favorite French fries, burgers, etc from each region. Figured we start a thread since a lot of fierce boarders travel for cheer they can know where to find some good food.

If you're coming to the Philadelphia area, I recommend a cheesesteak (genos are the best). Also you have to try an auntie Anne's soft pretzel, it will put wetzel pretzel to shame. Rita's water ice is always good, as I'm finding out recently that water ice is more of a regional thing. Also if you drive by a wawa (it looks like a 7/11 sorta) go in and order a hoagie!! They are amazing

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I love anything to do with food :p

In California/Oregon there's a sandwich place called Togo's.. IT IS LIFE. If you're ever in that area go!
We have Auntie Anne's in Florida here, never tried Wetzel Pretzel but I saw it in the mall in San Jose.
Never heard of Water Ice... We have Rita's here but it's Italian shaved ice.. It's AMAZING during the summer as it's near the beach!
We're supposed to be getting a 7/11 around here! I haven't been to one since I lived in Oregon.. Every Friday my dad would pick my brother and I up from school and we would get slurpees :)

I refuse to eat bagels and pizza anywhere except New York or New Jersey. It's what I've grown up with and it's the best! Rita's is definitely a tri state area staple. Oh and pork roll sandwiches!

I'm pretty sure Culvers is just a midwest, maybe just a Wisconsin thing? Either way if you're in Wisconsin, try Custard, like ice cream but I think it's creamier? But we were in Florida and actually found somewhere that sold custard and it was very good!

On my list of food to try I have Whataburger and In & Out burger. Wishing we could get a chickfila!

In the Kansas City area there is some pretty amazing barbecue! Sheridan's Custard is also really good and is probably more of a Kansas/Midwest thing? But if anybody is ever in the Kansas City/Olathe area try and go to Oklahoma Joe's! It's delicious.

And I'm with @livelovecheer33, I really would like to try some In-N-Out!

I guess the food loves me too much because it stays longer on my hips than i appreciate :)

I love asian food - sushi, rice, peanut sauce, chicken.
And Subway sandwiches.

Wisconsin:
Custard, brats, beer. Those are probably the things that are the most well known in Wisconsin.Oh and cheese and all that (wooohoo Dairy State). Culver's is so good, if you come to Wisconsin it's a must. Also if you come around the State Fair time and you go to the fair you can pretty much try anything deep fried, even butter. I recommend the vegetables (pickles are the best) and Oreos. The cream puffs are also amazing.

I love Chick-Fil-A so I so wish we had them more in WI (we have one) and I want to try Whataburger and In-Out Burgers.

When you guys say custard, do you mean the gloopy yellow stuff? Or does our custard not translate to the US like biscuits and muffins?

Thankfully there are in-n-outs in Texas too. I don't live in Texas but I'm there a lot more often than California. I had it for the first time a couple months ago and I am in love.

If you ever visit Australia there's are lots of delicious - and some odd - foods to try!

Anzac biscuits
Vegemite on toast (don't let rumours scare you, it's delicious!)
Kangaroo (a seriously lean, good source of protein which is cheap and tastes great)
Lamingtons
Tim Tams
Pavlova
Unusual toppings on food like ineapple on your pizza, and beetroot and egg in your burgers
Chiko Rolls
And for the very brave... Witchetty Grubs (insects!)

Malasadas!! It's a Portuguese donut type thing...chocolate filled. DELISH! I have only had them in Hawaii at Leonards Bakery - but I NEED to find a place here on the mainland!!

And I need a serious plate lunch fix! :D
(I just need to move back to Hawaii!!)

Back