OT Regional Food

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Basically my favorite food places in NYC:
Burgers - Jackson Hole
Fries - Pommes Frites (sweet mango chutney mayo)
Pizza - overall not a huge fan but Danny's in Kew Gardens, Queens
Steak - Peter Luger in Brooklyn
Indian - Panna II on E. 1st (if you are claustrophobic, very very tall or despise Christmas lights, this is not the place for you)
Chinese - Wo Hop on Mott Street (downstairs)
Mexican - Rosa Mexicana
Italian - Dominick's on Arthur Avenue in the Bronx
Bakery: Venieros on E.11th or Magnolia Bakery (mulitple locations)
Ice Cream: The Big Gay Ice Cream Shop (highly recommend the Salty Pimp. Don't ask, just go!)
Watering Hole: The Peculier Pub (spelling is correct)
And if you're ever at Yankee Stadium, do not leave without the steak sandwich that can be found on the field level in left field past the food court. It's $15 but one of the best sandwiches I have ever eaten. Conveniently located next to Beers of the World.

I guess regional things in Massachusetts would be Lobster and Clam Chowder (not that tomato based NYC crap, New England Clam Chowder is better).

Dunkin Donuts started here, but it's spread elsewhere.

If you ever visit Australia there's are lots of delicious - and some odd - foods to try!

Anzac biscuits
Vegemite on toast (don't let rumours scare you, it's delicious!)
Kangaroo (a seriously lean, good source of protein which is cheap and tastes great)
Lamingtons
Tim Tams
Pavlova
Unusual toppings on food like ineapple on your pizza, and beetroot and egg in your burgers
Chiko Rolls
And for the very brave... Witchetty Grubs (insects!)
My dad brought back some Tim Tams from a business trip to Australia. Fantastic!!

And for everyone else, I don't know how you guys survive without Chick Fil A...

My dad brought back some Tim Tams from a business trip to Australia. Fantastic!!

And for everyone else, I don't know how you guys survive without Chick Fil A...

We have one chick fil a here. ONE. And it's in the middle of tourist central so I will not go. So I'm slowly learning to live without it, but it's hard. The struggle is real here in Chicago...real. :(

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

We have one chick fil a here. ONE. And it's in the middle of tourist central so I will not go. So I'm slowly learning to live without it, but it's hard. The struggle is real here in Chicago...real. :(

We have one and it's not even in like a real big city. And it's super far from my house :(

Are there really places where there are no 7/11s???

While Richmond isn't really "deep South", probably 60% of people act like it is so we have a LOT of BBQ. Buzz and Neds is really good, and there's a location pretty close to the convention center. Chick Fil A is a pretty big deal around here. Downtown there's some hipstery local stuff but we don't have anything I consider "Richmond's thing"

Yep not one 7-11 here. We have Circle K's. Lot's of Chic-Fil-A restaurants though.....LOL

If you're in Greensboro/High Point, NC... You have to try Marozzi's Pizzeria. It's an independent one. Near the Palladium Movie Theater.

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board

I doubt many of you guys will come to sunny London but heres some typical food you will find-

NANDOS! - i'm not sure whether they have this in the USA but i know where i live here in London, its everyones favourite resturant! Chicken with different flavour sauces like lemon and herb as well as different levels of spice. This you can have in a wrap, burger, pita or by its self! Typical sides are peri-peri chips with perinase (fries with a spicy salt on them and spicy mayo) halluomi cheese, and pineapple!!
WITHOUT A DOUBT THE BEST CHAIN IN ENGLAND!

I doubt many of you guys will come to sunny London but heres some typical food you will find-

NANDOS! - i'm not sure whether they have this in the USA but i know where i live here in London, its everyones favourite resturant! Chicken with different flavour sauces like lemon and herb as well as different levels of spice. This you can have in a wrap, burger, pita or by its self! Typical sides are peri-peri chips with perinase (fries with a spicy salt on them and spicy mayo) halluomi cheese, and pineapple!!
WITHOUT A DOUBT THE BEST CHAIN IN ENGLAND!

Ewww I hate Nandos :p. I'm not sure it's traditional English food either. Give me a nice roast dinner with yorkshire puddings and roast potatoes any day.

And real British Fish and Chips with proper big chunky chips. And mushy peas.

Ewww I hate Nandos :p. I'm not sure it's traditional English food either. Give me a nice roast dinner with yorkshire puddings and roast potatoes any day.

And real British Fish and Chips with proper big chunky chips. And mushy peas.

Oh my gosh! Never met someone who hates Nandos!!! But i do agree! A nice toby carvery roast does do me well!

Well if you ever come to Mexico you have to try real tacos not that Taco Bell kind of "tacos", we don't eat those haha the real tacos are in a soft not crunchy tortilla, and they don't have lots of lettuce and avocado and cheese, you have to try real tacos they're the best.

In the north we have cabrito which is goatling also we eat lots of carne asada.

If you ever go to cancun you HAVE to go to puerto madero, it's actually an Argentinian restaurant but they have the best seafood ever lol

There's also gorditas, burritos, tamales and nieve de garrafa

About chick fil a we don't have any here :( so I only eat chick fil a about four times a year :( haha it's sad and a real struggle

In Birmingham, every local place will have sweet tea and most chains as well. If you've never had it or only had it north of the Mason Dixon line, you need to try it. It's not the same as putting sugar in your tea when it arrives at your table.

Also, there are a number of barbecue places here. It's different at each place and the sauces are more varied than in other places. You can try the vinegar based sauce or the tomato based sauce or the mustard based sauce or the white sauce. Very different but all good.

Miss Myra's in Cahaba Heights (behind the Summit) has great barbecue and the best cocoanut cream pie with mile high meringue.

For the real foodies, there are a huge number of incredible restaurants in Birmingham: Highlands Bar & Grill, Bottega, Little Savannah, The Veranda on Highland, Ocean, Satterfields, Springhouse, etc.

Also, for anyone outside the South, there are a lot of "meat and three" diners. That means you pick your protein and three vegetables. Come hungry. One of my favorites is Magnolia Cafe down the street from my office. They serve pot roast on Thursday that they cook for 15 hours. Have mercy.

*puts Birmingham on the list of must-go-places for next year's US-trip*

Back