OT Regional Food

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I thought you said you don't sink soda but every once in a while you drink blue moon! I was thinking,"do they put the orange in the glass too?"

This post is verified by Chad Mulkey!

haha, well, not at bk...but if I go to the bar ;)

Are you guys talking about the machines with the touch screens that you choose a soda and then a flavor? Do you only have them at Five Guys? .
I've only seem them at Noodles in Wisconsin, love those things!

I used to live in Germany and I miss German food so much!! Mainly schnitzel and pommes. And spezi. And döners, even though those are Turkish, they're SO GOOD. And Germany candy! And ice cream.

But I love those soda machines! Mainly because they have vanilla coke.

Just gross. The bun is always so greasy it's actually wet. Ditto for the fries. It's just all too mushy. The whole meal seems like it's already half digested when I get it. (I know, gross, but you asked...:eek: ) I really have tried to like it since everyone always wants to eat there, but I just can't.

Don't get me wrong - I love a good messy meal. But mushy is just too much for me. It's like they use grease as a condiment.
Yeah... the one Five Guys I went to didn't even have the soda machine, but the fries were soooo soggy, like they weren't given time to crisp or weren't fried long enough. The burger was okay. Nothing amazing. I feel like I could cook a better burger at home. I just don't get why they shove everything in a bag. I'd rather go to In N Out!

Annnnnd, in September I'm going to be in London for a few days before going to Paris, so if you London folk have recommendations for anything near Kings Cross Station (we're staying near there), that'd be great!
I've heard near Kings Cross you have to try the chocolate frogs. The every flavored beans are supposed to be good too. They mean every flavor.

I used to live in Germany and I miss German food so much!! Mainly schnitzel and pommes. And spezi. And döners, even though those are Turkish, they're SO GOOD. And Germany candy! And ice cream.

But I love those soda machines! Mainly because they have vanilla coke.

You forgot the Currywurst and the amazing bread we have here, and the cakes.

I guess regional things in Massachusetts would be Lobster and Clam Chowder (not that tomato based NYC crap, New England Clam Chowder is better).

Dunkin Donuts started here, but it's spread elsewhere.
I think seafood is the one thing people don't really get elsewhere. I didn't know until very recently the rest of the world doesn't know what steamers are! And I will forever stand by the fact that New England is the only place that knows how to do fried clams, shrimp, etc.
And if you go to the beach in the NH seacoast area (aka half of New England) BEACH PIZZA. There is nothing like it.. or the classic debate between Christy's and Tripoli's.

I've only seem them at Noodles in Wisconsin, love those things!

Noodles & Company? If so I'm obsessed with that place. Ob. Sessed. I eat there so much and it's not even convenient - I have to take a different train home to go there? No problem, just give me my noodles.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Noodles & Company? If so I'm obsessed with that place. Ob. Sessed. I eat there so much and it's not even convenient - I have to take a different train home to go there? No problem, just give me my noodles.

Yup! Lol I'm obsessed with it too, but I always order the same thing. Mac and cheese with grilled chicken, yummmm.

Yup! Lol I'm obsessed with it too, but I always order the same thing. Mac and cheese with grilled chicken, yummmm.

Med salad and penne rosa with parmesan chicken. Half of each for lunch the other half for dinner. Mmmmmmmm. The Asian noodle thing with steak is really good too but I always go back to the rosa. The guy said hi to me by name one day and I was so embarrassed - that's too much noodle addiction if they know your name and what you eat! :oops: I'm sure they're supposed to do that but I was like "Shhhhhhh! People will know I eat too many noodles!"

Med salad and penne rosa with parmesan chicken. Half of each for lunch the other half for dinner. Mmmmmmmm. The Asian noodle thing with steak is really good too but I always go back to the rosa. The guy said hi to me by name one day and I was so embarrassed - that's too much noodle addiction if they know your name and what you eat! :oops: I'm sure they're supposed to do that but I was like "Shhhhhhh! People will know I eat too many noodles!"

I've heard good things about the penne rosa! I always mean to order it but I just can't, the Mac & cheese is too good. Lol sounds like it's time for a Noodle intervention, or to go to a different store!

Back