All-Star Rental Uniform

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 10, 2012
We are buying uniforms that are quite expensive this year and needless to say a large majority of parents aren't happy. We are trying to work out ways of making it more "parent friendly" and were looking into renting the uniforms.

Having never done this before I am tempted to hear peoples opinions. Did it work? How does it work? Major issues? Rental cost?

Our major concerns are:
a) parents/students not treating the uniform with the same level of respect as their own uniform would be. For example: throwing it on the floor of the bedroom, not washing it properly, not caring if they get food on it etc.
b) If the uniform does come back with stains, jewels missing etc, what do you do?

Just wanting to get all the information before making a decision.

I would have the parents parents pay a security deposit and rental fee. Include washing/care instructions. Inspect the uniforms condition at the end of season. Jewels/sequins will fall off but thats inevitable, but are usually undetectable on stage.

Is there space for you to hold onto the unis? For example: each uniform gets a hanging bag with the athletes name on it and they return it to you inbetween competitions? This way they are in your possesion the majority of the time, they are in charge of washing and returning it to you after each event. Could get tricky but at the same time you would have more control of quality and storage.

I would also make sure that the rental amount is half of the full amount so the uni is paid off in two years time. Maybe give the option of purchase for full price and rent for half. I feel like TJ Sawyer has done in the past with EC CATS in NC, maybe check in with him?

Have them sign a form and have it inspected before the season starts. Have them be responsible if ANYTHING happens to the uniform. The gym my daughter goes to for tumbling/stunting rents/loans uniforms out. They have a contract they have to fill out for each uniform giving them the size/id# on the uniform tag.

You could make them responsible for the uniform but making them pay a deposit/collateral for the uniform. If not returned in acceptable condition (less minor wear) then they will have to pay the purchase price for a new uniform. This will force them to take responsibility for taking care of it and keeping it in pristine condition.

I like BowsnBling's idea of the half for rent/full to purchase. It might be the most financially sound idea for someone on a budget.

Back