Replacing Girls After Summit Bid Earned??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Neither of my children would be happy being replaced, or going with a team that replaced their team members for reasons beyond injury, discipline or financial. So I wouldn't be happy with it. But I will say that there are plenty of other kids/parents on our team(s) that wouldn't bat an eye at seeing others replaced ( probably would have an issue if it was them, but oh well). So I'm not sure a program can even decisively be responsive to its "clientele".

Again, it all boils down to what we view as competitive, and what we deem to be acceptable in terms of competitiveness. And since there isn't really a good way to collectively incorporate everyone's view on the matter, I do believe it is up to our governing body to set the terms for this. Just not sure how they do so while relying on massive financial entanglements.

I may sound like a cranky old lady for this but I'm okay with it.

We did not have Worlds or Summit when actively cheered.

NCA was it and there were no bids to be earned for that.

I almost feel badly for kids now because their ENTIRE season is structured around these two events.

(Yes, I'm aware that shady things surround NCA but you also do not have to fly around the country to be invited to compete there.)

As a gym owner and coach I would never replace a child from the original bid winning team unless there was an inconsistency in practice attendance or a behavior problem. Even then there would be a progressive discipline policy. I may add athletes for strength, but I wouldn't think of replacing. I'm so sorry this is happening to your child's team. Every gym has a different philosophy and I hope you find a program that is a fit for your family.

As a gym owner and coach I would never replace a child from the original bid winning team unless there was an inconsistency in practice attendance or a behavior problem. Even then there would be a progressive discipline policy. I may add athletes for strength, but I wouldn't think of replacing. I'm so sorry this is happening to your child's team. Every gym has a different philosophy and I hope you find a program that is a fit for your family.

Sidenote: Welcome to Fierceboard. It's always nice to add someone from the west coast on here. The east coasters outnumber us! And I love your gym, nice athletes and nice parents. :)

Back