High School Requirements For Tryouts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 3, 2013
I figured i would turn to the expertise of fierceboard with my problem. So, a little background info. i'm an allstar cheerleader and I currently attend a cyber school. This june, my mom and I are moving to a different school district where I will be attending the public high school as a sophomore. I really want to get into high school cheer! But from what I understand, most schools have tryouts late winter or early spring. Am I right in assuming I wouldn't be able to cheer until junior year? I can't tryout this season because I won't be enrolled in the school, correct?

Some teams have a spring and fall tryout. I would speak with the coach at that school and/or the athletic director. They would be able to tell you when tryouts will be and what the rules/requirements are. Good luck!

We moved schools last year at semester in order for my cps to be able to try-out for this year.

I would call and find out when they try-out and what the rules are.

Each school is different. I would contact them. The earlier you contact them, the better chance of trying to figure something out.

We only have one tryout and it's in the spring (April-ish) as it's a "whole year" commitment (ex: my girls don't choose FB or BB or both.)

So it's one of those things where if girls want to try out, they know they needed to enroll in January at semester or some time before April.

We only have one tryout and it's in the spring (April-ish) as it's a "whole year" commitment (ex: my girls don't choose FB or BB or both.)

So it's one of those things where if girls want to try out, they know they needed to enroll in January at semester or some time before April.
I love that system. I hate the idea of cheer having separate teams or separate seasons.

I like it when you can choose to cheer just fall, just winter or full year. If CP's high school only had the option of a full year squad she would never be able to do high school cheer because her all star schedule is so demanding Dec-April I just don't see how she could do both HS and AS. I should also point out that the current HS coach is NOT a fan of AS cheer which makes it even harder.

I cheered full year in HS and I will say that the few of us who did were especially close, however I didn't feel like the girls who only cheered one season were left out or less dedicated. We all had a great time together. Back then we didn't even have All star cheer! Girls only cheered one season so that they could play a sport in the opposite season. Also, some girls didn't want to buy two uniforms (required for full year cheer) or didn't want to put in that much time, especially their first year.

Back